Vacation Apartment in Wallmerod - very quiet, central, comfortable (# 1885)
Apartment in a quiet area of the former health resort of Wallmerod in the idyllic Westerwald region. Three bedrooms, living room with a full kitchen, bathroom with shower and toilet, as well as patio with outdoor furniture and barbecue, key advantages: very quiet, central, comfortable, fully equipped kitchen, has a breakfast nook, The unit is conveniently located close to the downtown area of Wallmerod, Walking distance into downtown Wallmerod is only 10 minutes,
This vacation apartment is in a quiet location in the former health resort Wallmerod in the idyllic Westerwald forest. It offers three bedrooms with a double bed each, a living room / kitchen with kitchenette and dining area, fridge, stove with ceramic stovetop and baking oven, dishwasher and microwave, bathroom with shower and toilet, as well as a patio with outdoors furniture and barbecue.
The apartment is in our house, but has its own separate entrance. This gives you both privacy and a direct connection to the owner, should there be any questions or things we can help with. It is also on the ground floor, and thus well-suited for seniors.
Location Frankfurt Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Frankfurt Airport. From Frankfurt Airport the distance to the unit at Im Grauen Berg 9, 56414 Wallmerod is about 82 km (51.2 miles), approximately a 52 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Wallmerod, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $64-$187 for 2 persons.
Additional Features: Oven, Dish Washer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Television, Patio, Outdoor Dining Area
Vacation apartment Im Grauen Berg is in quiet surroundings in the former health resort town Wallmerod in the Westerwald, between Montabaur and Limburg. Both of those towns are connected to the ICE rail network. The closest autobahn connection is 8 km away. The airports Frankfurt/Main and Köln/Bonn are 45 minutes by car from the apartment.
Note: It is not a problem to get from the airport to Limburg or Montabaur by ICE. From there, it is possible to go on by bus, but it is rather complicated, and going on excursions in the Westerwald or for day trips requires a car.
Wallmerod has excellent infrastructure with all essential shopping (bakery, butcher’s, beverage mart, supermarkets such as Rewe and Aldi, pharmacist, bank, post office), a café and various restaurants. Close by, idyllic (forest) landscapes offer an excellent opportunity for hiking, horse riding and bicycle tours.
Many sights in the surrounding area offer excellent opportunities for sightseeing and experiencing a lot, in the area and along the Rhine.
Nearby Activities and Destinations:
* Westerburg Castle, connection to the Westerwaldsteig, Wiesensee and golf course (about 15 min drive)
* Westerwald Lakes with swimming and fishing opportunities (~15 min drive)
* Limburg historical town center and cathedral (~17 km)
* Montabaur historical town center and castle (~12 km)
* Koblenz (~25 min drive)
* Braubach am Rhein, Marksburg and the historical town center (~30 min drive
* UNESCO World Heritage LIMES (~ 20 min drive)
* Braunfels castle and historical town center (~45 min drive)
* Weilburg castle and historical town center (~40 min drive)
* well-developed cycle path along the former railway line between Wallmerod and Westerburg
* swimming in nearby town Hundsangen
* indoor swimming pools in Montabaur and Diez
* go-kart track in Limburg
* Eissporthalle Diez (ice rink) in Limburg
* cinemas in Montabaur and Limburg
* canoe and boat trips on the Lahn river
* tennis court
* horseback riding in Meudt
* winter sports in Bad Marienberg, Westerburg, and on the slopes of the Fuchskaute old volcano
More travel info about Wallmerod: Wallmerod is an Ortsgemeinde – a community belonging to a Verbandsgemeinde – in the Westerwaldkreis in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.