Located at the end of the road in perfectly peaceful Taylors Island. The tidal marshes of Taylor's Island have been relatively untouched by the development of small towns and villages on the nearby shores. Small "islands" of loblolly pine and cedar forest dot the marsh system. Holland Point Preserve's 200+ acres is a classic illustration of Chesapeake Bay tidal marsh habitat, overlooking the confluence of the Chesapeake Bay, Slaughter Creek and the Little Choptank River. Holland Point lodging is a marvel of architectural beauty with wide hearth pine floors, incredible exposed beams and views from every room. Originally owned by the founder of the American Hunters and Shooters Association, Holland Point affords those vacationers enamored with the outdoors immediate access to the Blackwater Refuge, kayaking, fishing, crabbing and swimming off of the sandy shores are right out your screened porch (beware of jellyfish during parts of the summer season). The water depth at the private dock is 2' or less at low tide so kayaks and watercrafts that work well in shallow water are your best bet. We love the screen porch as well as the open floor plan. In the off seasons a roaring wood fire in the great room, dinner roasting in the kitchen and a good novel are all you need for a complete day. The Tower Room offers 360-degree views of the water and wooded surroundings. It?s the perfect place to host your friends, family, or corporate retreats. Holland Point Preserve is a "be where you are" type of vacation, pack it all in, the board games, horseshoes, fishing poles and reading material. Holland Point is designed to assist guests in forgetting there is another world of crowded beaches, boardwalks and hotels. For once, treat yourself to a vacation that you don't need a vacation from.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 10 Twin, 1 Bunk
Pets: Dogs Allowed
* ATTRACTIONS: Nearby Marina
* DINING_CHECKBOX: Dining
* ENTERTAINMENT: DVD Player, Cable TV, Satellite TV, 2 TVs
* GENERAL: Central Air Conditioning, Linens, Air Conditioning, Washer/Dryer, Wood Burning Fireplace, Central Heat, Free Internet, FREE WIRELESS INTERNET, Iron & Ironing Board, Linens and towels, Phone, Bath Towels, Washer/Dryer
* KITCHEN: Fully Equipped Kitchen, Full Size Refrigerator, Stove/Oven, Dishwasher, Coffeemaker
* LEISURE_ACTIVITIES: Sight-Seeing
* LOCATION_TYPE: Riverfront
* OUTSIDE: Gas Grill, Kayaks, Canoeing
* SPORTS_AND_ADVENTURE_ACTIVITIES: Nearby Golf Courses, Near Fishing, Waterskiing, Wind Surfing
* SUITABILITY: No Smoking, Dog Friendly
Prices include bed and bath linens, and all fees. Pet friendly homes do not have additional charges for up to two dogs.