BEAUTIFUL 4 BEDROOM 4 BATH TAOS VACATION HOME LOCATED BETWEEN THE TOWN OF TAOS AND THE TAOS SKI VALLEY
Dragonfly is an elegant, secluded private retreat in Valdez, located midway between the town of Taos and Taos Ski Valley and overlooking the million acre Carson National Forest. This gated estate on 5 acres with 6000 sq.ft. custom adobe residence has 4 master suites. Southwestern ambiance is felt throughout with viga ceilings, copper sconces, nichos, and southwestern art and decor.Hummingbirds and dragonflies are frequent visitors in the extensive gardens. Have your morning coffee in the front courtyard garden with its rose collection, lilacs, and flowering fruit trees. A rock waterfall with waterlily pond, built-in flagstone barbecue grill, pergola, and summer swing complete the back gardens. The heated atrium has sitting areas and flowering plants year round. The living room with its custom bronze entertainment cabinet, surround sound, kiva fireplace and wet bar offers relaxing evenings for all. Dragonfly has a fully-equipped kitchen with professional range-oven and a breakfast bar that opens to a gracious formal dining room with kiva fireplace. Children and adults alike will enjoy the large adjoining game room with indoor arcade basketball, air hockey and ping-pong table.Enjoy four master suites, each with en-suite bath and walk-in closet.Experience million dollar views from the private deck, or relax in the steam room after a day on the slopes (Taos Ski Valley is just 10 miles away). Or, reserve an in-home comfortable massage table is right there. Inside and out the views will move you Taos Mountain with rainbows after summer west views of Georgia O'Keefe's famous "Pedernal" with fiery sunsets night after night.For the discriminating guest looking for a unique, luxurious, private retreat during any season of the awaits you.
We arrived on a cold winter evening just at dusk and after winding through the narrow dirt road in the Valdez Valley we were greeted by the outdoor lights of Dragonfly! What a lovely greeting, and from that moment on we were not disappointed. The house is lovely! So many lovely spaces. We had a great long weekend! Thanks! We will come again! Judy & Chuck, Ginger & Don, Steve & Cathy - Lubbock, TX Feb 6, 2012
We couldn't have been more pleased..the warmth of the Dragonfly Estate welcomed us in?.with a bottle of champagne and chips and salsa. We enjoyed the incredible views and quiet peaceful surroundings. We relaxed in the hot tub out on the deck and looked up at an incredible blanket of stars. Everything is top notch and beautifully decorated. Fully equipped kitchen with professional stove, LCD TVs, surround sound, multiple fireplaces, wi-fi. Everything went above and beyond our expectations. This stunning mountain home features lovely furnishings and finishes throughout as well as breathtaking mountain views from almost every room in the house. Its open and spacious layout is perfectly suited for large groups or families... you'll be vacationing in style when you stay at the Dragon Fly property is amazing! Don,t miss staying in this great Taos treasure.
This home requires a 2 night minimum booking, however our website cannot provide availability for 2-night stays at this time. If you wish to stay only 2 nights, please call our office
Kokopelli Property Management Taos Vacation Rentals: The next best thing to living here!
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 2 Queen, 2 Twin
* Entertainment and technology: Multiple flat screen TVs, Standard satellite TV, Surround sound, CD player, DVD player, DSL/Internet, Printer with fax, Other games
* Heat and air: Radiant heat, Evaporative/swamp cooler, Master bedroom with ceiling fan, Bedroom 2 with ceiling fan, Bedroom 3 with ceiling fan, Bedroom 4 with ceiling fan, Other room with ceiling fan, Living room w/wood fireplace, Kitchen/other w/wood fireplace, Master bedrm w/wood fireplace
* Kitchen area: Gourmet kitchen, Updated kitchen cabinets, Breakfast bar, Mini bar, Espresso machine, Dishwasher, Washer/dryer
* Living: 3 Fireplaces, Ceiling Fans, Crib, Dogs Allowed, Hot Tub, Ironing Board, Kiva Fireplace, Linens, Pets Considered, Piano, Portable Evaporative Cooler, Radiant Heat, Stainless Appliances, Tile Flooring, Vigas, Walk-in Closet, Washer & Dryer
* Other living spaces: Master bedrm w/walk-in closet, Bedroom 2 w/walk-in closet, Bedroom 3 w/walk-in closet, Full Bathroom (shower and tub), Jacuzzi tub, Has interior stairs, Sitting area/room, Other games, Accommodates small gatherings
* Outdoors: Private patio, Private yard, Patio furniture, Landscaped garden, Water fountain, Balcony, Deck, Two-cars plus carport/driveway, Gravel drive/road, Security gate (indiv residence), Propane grill, Sangre de Cristo Mtn views, Patio
* Pets: Pets considered, Small dogs allowed, NO CATS
* Style and decor: Southwestern decor, Tile floors, Vigas, High-end art, SW antiques/antiques