Butternut Lodge is a Professionally Managed, grand in nature, historic Sugar Hill property, steeped in the unique New England Country manor that is Old Sugar Hill. Comfortably sleeps 8, maximum.
This inviting Sugar Hill home, built by actress Bette Davis in 1940, retains the character of that grand era while accommodating family and friends in modern style. Located three miles from Franconia on 22 private, wooded acres overlooking the White Mountains, it is attractively furnished with country antiques, accessories and artworks. The spacious main floor boasts beamed ceilings, random width pine floors, four picture windows, two grand fireplaces highlighting the living & kitchen/dining areas, an enclosed porch, and full bath. The kitchen is designed with ease of entertainment in mind and offers all that is expected by the gourmet chef. Upstairs are four bedrooms. The master bedroom suite features a canopied queen bed with private attached bath, adjoining single bedroom, and screened porch. Two other bedrooms share a second bath. The unique silo staircase leads from a 1st floor bar to the master bedroom and then up to a quiet 3rd floor sitting room. An attached garage provides convenient access to firewood. Nearby Franconia Notch and Cannon Mountain offer winter skiing and diverse summer/fall activities. Reserve "Butternut" today and enjoy life as an American icon once did! Franconia Notch Vacations understands... Your Vacations are Precious and your comfort is Key.
Bedding Configuration: 1 Queen, 3 Twin, 1 Other, 2 Full
* Business: Nearby ATM, Nearby Bank, Nearby FedEx, Nearby Internet Cafe, Nearby Post Office, Near Business Services Center, High Speed Internet on-site
* Convenience: Area Fitness Center, Golf Course, Movie Theatres, Near Bretton Woods Ski Area, Near Cannon Mt. Ski Area, Nearby Grocery, Outlet Shopping
* Culture: New England Ski Museum, Franconia Historical Museum, Stone Iron Furnace, Franconia NH, Sugar Hill Historical Society, The Colonial Theatre, Bethlehem, Weathervane Theatre
* Entertainment: 25" TV or larger, Satellite TV, Stereo System, CD Player, DVD Player, Foos Ball, Board & Family Games, WiFi Signal
* Geographic: Close to Town, Secluded, Near Franconia Notch State Park, Near Echo Lake State Beach, Near Cannon Mountain, Near Beach, Near Bretton Woods, Near Mount Washington
* Kitchen: Fully Equipped Kitchen, Full Size Refrigerator, Mini-Refrigerator or Wine Cooler, Cookware, Coffee Maker, Dishwasher, Microwave, Toaster, Ice Maker, Wet Bar-Kitchenette, Self Clean Oven
* Living: High Speed Internet, Fireplace, Wood burning, Washer & Dryer, Ironing Board w/ Iron, Linens & Towels, Jacuzzi style Jetted Tub
* Outdoor: Scenic Valley & Country Views, Wildlife Viewing, Balcony, Charcoal BBQ Grill, Outdoor Fire Pit, Screened Patio or Porch, Tennis
* Sleeps: Sleeps up to 8