Wave Watch Beach house, 6 BRs, private pool/spa, 4th floor rooftop deck
Make your next vacation a truly luxurious one: Stay at Wave Watch, overlooking St. Augustine?s Summer Haven Beach. This 5,000-square-foot hacienda-style house has six?yes, six!?bedrooms, breathtaking 360-degree views of the Atlantic Ocean, a huge rooftop deck, and even its own private pool and hot tub. And that?s only the beginning of the amenities.
Let?s work our way up from the ground floor, with its huge game room complete with ping-pong table, bumper pool, large HDTV with Xbox, tabletop shuffleboard, poker table? just about everything you could need for a rainy day. Also on this floor are a bedroom with a queen-size bed and a full bath. What?s more, the two sofas can convert into twin-size beds, making this space sleepover central for the kids.
The spiral stone staircase takes you up to the second floor, the main living area of Wave Watch. Large windows punctuate every wall, allowing you to savor brilliant sunrises and dramatic sunsets, gaze up at the stars, and watch for dolphins and whales from the comfort of the myriad plump sofas and plush chairs.
Even if you have a full house?and don?t forget, Wave Watch can sleep up to 14 people!?you?ll never feel cramped. The living room alone has several seating areas so that one group can watch TV, another can play cards at a table, and several people can curl up with a book or surf the web in front of the gas fireplace. There?s also a powder room on this floor, for maximum convenience.
The dining table can seat 10 people comfortably, and the adjacent kitchen island has room for four more. French doors lead to an oceanfront balcony, should you want to dine outdoors amid the salt-tinged sea breeze. Just a few steps beyond this veranda is a private pool and hot tub, which are heated from March to October. You?ll be able to enjoy a midnight soak or a sunrise swim literally outside your front door! And if you?re staying with little ones, they?ll enjoy the pack-and-play.
After you work up an appetite from swimming, head back indoors to the expansive kitchen, also on the second floor. The open layout means you can cook or clean up without missing out on the dinner-table conversation, whatever?s playing on the TV, or the stunning views. And because the kitchen is fully equipped with major and minor appliances, as well as cookware, utensils, and tableware, you don?t have to cart any of those items from home.
Likewise, Wave Watch comes with fresh towels, linens, and other bedding. Each of the five bedrooms on the third floor has ocean views, an HDTV, and ample storage. While all the bedrooms will encourage sweet dreams, the master suite is exceptional: Not only does it have a king-size bed and its own seating area, but the master bath has both a jetted tub and a walk-in shower.
Take the spiral staircase up one more flight, and you?ll arrive at the 1,500-square-foot rooftop deck. Its unobstructed panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Florida coast are, in a word, spectacular. And when you stay at Wave Watch, you can relish them any time of day or night.
Given the glories of Wave Watch, you might be tempted to spend your entire stay without leaving the house. But while there?s certainly enough here to keep you occupied, you?d be missing out on so much more.
For instance, Summer Haven Beach is just a few blocks away. Erosion from Tropical Storm Faye has led to boulders blocking the access points directly in front of Wave Watch, but there?s easy access just two blocks away (or you can do what the locals do and walk between the boulders!).
A mile away is Fort Matazas Park, home to a leafy boardwalk nature trail and the 270-year-old namesake fort. Marineland, the St. Augustine Alligator Farm (complete with zip line!), and the historic streets of St. Augustine are minutes away by car. Even the theme parks of Orlando are less than two hours away.
Note: Per the owners and per the neighbors in this area, there are NO events or weddings allowed at this property. This will be strictly monitored and enforced.
Bedding Configuration: 2 King, 3 Queen, 2 Twin, 2 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: *** Plus cleaning fee is $350, security damage waiver fee is $295, amenity fee is 4.95% and taxes 10%.
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 King), Bedroom #2 (King), Bedroom #3 (1 Queen), Bedroom #4 (Queen), Bedroom #5 (2 twins), Bedroom #6 (Queen), Other (2 sofa sleepers)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 83 miles to Orlando, FL, 30 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, Baseball Park, Football Stadium, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Marine Land, St Augustine Historic Town, Theatre, Summer Haven Beach, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL, St Augustine Beach Florida, St Augustine Beach FL
* Entertainment: Cable Television, DVD Player, Game System, Television, Wireless Internet, Blue Ray Player
* FAQ: Beach (no cars), BBQ Grill (on site), Hot Tub or Spa, Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Private Pool, Private Pool (Heated), Stairs inside Unit - Yes
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Views, On Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Outdoor: Balcony, BBQ Grill, Biking, Fishing, Grill, Hot Tub, Patio, Pool, Swimming, Wildlife Viewing, Wind Surfing
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News
* Ratings: Diamond
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more, Sleeps 7 or more, Sleeps 8 or more, Sleeps 9 or more, Sleeps 10 or more, Sleeps 11 or more, Sleeps 12 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, HD TV in Family Room, HD TV in Master Bedroom, TV in Bedroom #2, TV in Bedroom #3, TV in Bedroom #4, TV in Bedroom #5, TV in Bedroom #6
* Trash Day: Monday