Experience life in a beach community the way the locals do at Playa Haus, our 2-storey house just a block from the beach. It's got 2 big sunny decks for sunbathing, grilling, and enjoying the spectacular sunrises and sunsets of St. Augustine Beach!
Comfortably sleeping 8 in 4 bedrooms, our house is great for large groups because in addition to the main house on the second floor, the first floor contains a second living-room area with a couch, mini-fridge, and microwave. This means that the teenagers can go downstairs for an evening of music, games, and snacks, while the grown-ups enjoy the upstairs . . . or the grandparents can get a little peace and quiet while chaos reigns upstairs! It's great to have 2 spaces.
The main living area is upstairs, in a room with sky-blue walls, big windows, and a giant, brand-new 42" HDTV. There's room for everyone on the floppy sectional couch, so gather the crew and play a rousing round of Scene It before dinner! The kitchen is handy to this area, so the cooks don't get left out of the fun.
Here at Playa Haus you'll find everything you need for a comfortable stay. Our kitchen is fully equipped with all the pots, pans, dishes, and utensils you could ask for, not to mention gleaming appliances and time-savers from a coffee maker to a blender. Our beds and baths have fresh linens, blankets, pillows, and towels provided, and you're welcome to use our washer and dryer to keep them clean. It's so convenient to pop a load of swimsuits and beach towels into the wash in time for the kids to return to the beach for one more dip before bedtime!
Adjacent to the living room and kitchen is our spacious dining area, with a table for 8 in front of floor-to-ceiling windows. This table makes a great game-playing and puzzle-working spot, too, so take your plates out to the big deck for an al fresco meal and devote the indoor space to family fun! You have free wireless Internet at Playa Haus, so feel free to set up the computer and update your Facebook status daily ("Never want to come home from St. Augustine Beach!").
The decks are definitely the stars of Playa Haus, each running the length of one side of the house. You have partial ocean views from one, but the real advantage is the sweeping landscape of rooftops and sky! You can hear the waves out here, and smell the ocean, and hear the birds calling. It's heaven, no matter what time of day -- or time of year, for that matter! -- you visit.
From a practical standpoint, the decks also have a grill, plenty of seating for hours of lounging and sunbathing, and a safety screen. There is room out here for everyone, and don't be surprised if the kids beg to "camp out" on the deck at least one night! (You might even be tempted to join them!)
When the day is done and it is time to sleep, everyone is going to be happy in their room at Playa Haus. Unlike many houses, there is not one giant master bedroom and then a bunch of small rooms. Everyone has a great place to sleep! Three of the 4 bedrooms have queen-sized beds, and the 4th has 2 twins. All 4 bedrooms have TVs and storage space. This is perfect for 2 or 3 families traveling together, or for a group of friends.
The 2 bathrooms at Playa Haus are convenient to all the bedrooms. Both have bathtubs as well as well as showers.
You will love the privacy and spaciousness of Playa Haus. We have a big yard all around the house -- great for Frisbees and Big Wheels! There's even a shady place here to park your car. Playa Haus has it all!
And the best part is that you're just a hop, skip, and jump from one of northeast Florida's absolute best beaches. The sands are wide and sugary, the waves sparkling, and the atmosphere laid-back and family friendly. You'll fall in love with our beach . . . which is why you have to come stay here the next time you come to St. Augustine! We can't wait for you to experience the joy of beachside living at Playa Haus!
Bedding Configuration: 3 Queen, 2 Twin
Room Description: Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $150, pet fee $100(each), security damage fee is $150, amenity fee is 5.95% and tax is 10%.
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Bedroom #2 (Queen), Bedroom #3 (2 twins), Bedroom #4 (Queen)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 83 miles to Orlando, FL, 30 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, Baseball Park, Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, St Augustine Historic Town, Symphony Orchestra, Theatre, Crescent Beach, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL, St Augustine Beach Florida, St Augustine Beach FL
* Entertainment: Cable Television, DVD Player, Television, Wireless Internet
* FAQ: Beach (no cars), Dogs on Beach (with leash), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Views, Near Beach
* Kitchen: Blender, Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Central Air, Ironing Board, Linens, Washer & Dryer
* Outdoor: BBQ Grill, Biking, Deck, Patio, Swimming, Walkway to Water, Wildlife Viewing
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News, StAug-M 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Silver
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more, Sleeps 7 or more, Sleeps 8 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, TV in Master Bedroom
* Trash Day: Monday