Pull in to the driveway of Ocean Sunrise, our beachfront house, and you might think it's just a cottage. But once you see the wraparound deck, lanai, and newly furnished interior, you'll realize you've found a gem on the shores of St. Augustine Beach.
Perched above the lush tropical vegetation beside the dunes, Ocean Sunrise puts you front and center on St. Augustine Beach. The views are panoramic from our deck (not to mention from the lanai, the living room, and even the master bedroom!). You have a front-row seat for the sunrise, and you're just steps from the crystal sands of our wide, family-friendly beach. If anyone in your group is a birdwatcher or nature lover, bring the binoculars and the Peterson's Guides; you're going to add many species to your lists on this trip! From pelicans soaring by in all their prehistoric majesty to the occasional dolphin fin in the surf, Florida's spectacular wildlife is on full display here.
And the best part about Ocean Sunrise is that it seems to fit snugly into the landscape, making the distinction between "indoors" and "outdoors" much less important. You can be fully outside in the sun on the deck, or shaded by the overhanging roof. Or you can spend time in the lanai, where you can still feel the balmy air and smell the salty sea breeze, but are screened in. You can even sit in air-conditioned comfort in the house and still feel "on the beach," thanks to the beautiful views. You'll never forget you're in a little corner of paradise in northeast Florida, having the time of your life!
Although your favorite spots at Ocean Sunrise are probably going to be the deck and the lanai, the rest of the house is quite comfortable too. It's all been updated and newly furnished, so it has that lovely "untouched" look . . . yet it isn't formal at all, so you won't worry if the kids carry sandy seashells into the living room or spill juice on the kitchen counter. Walk right in and make yourselves at home. You're going to love it here!
The living room is sliding glass doors on the ocean side and lots of windows on the other side with the ultimate combo of blue Florida sky and ocean breezes. Smooth hardwood floors feel great on your tired "sightseeing feet," and an inviting arrangement of 2 couches (both queen sleeper sofas) and a loveseat sofa invites you to plop down and enjoy. Our brick fireplace adds a homey touch, while the large TV and DVD player take care of the practical business of keeping everyone entertained.
The dining area is adjacent to the living room, sharing in those fabulous views. Now, you will probably find that even with the best intentions, you wind up eating out (so much fresh, delicious seafood in St. Augustine! So little time to sample it all!), and when you DO dine at home, everyone carries their food out to the lanai or the deck. So what to do with this huge dinner table? --Well, you have free wireless Internet at Ocean Sunrise, so you could set up your laptop. Or you could break out the old-fashioned fun, from Jenga to Monopoly, and spend a whole evening laughing.
And whether you love to cook or merely consider it a necessary evil, you'll appreciate the kitchen at Ocean Sunrise. Granite countertops, tile floor, gleaming white appliances, and all the dishes, cookware, and utensils you need await you here. Stock up at the grocery store and you're all set!
There are 3 bedrooms at Ocean Sunrise, plus 2 queen sofa sleepers in the living room. The master bedroom features a queen-sized bed, TV, & access to the lanai. The second bedroom contains a queen-sized bed and peek-a-boo ocean views, while the third has 2 twins. All are airy, spotlessly clean, and so comfortable! Two full bathrooms accommodate everyone, and we provide all the towels and linens you need for every bed and bath.
And as if that weren't enough, there's a bonus room at Ocean Sunrise, complete with plenty of comfy seating, a twin hide a bed sleeper sofa & a TV. Perfect for a teen hangout or a kids' playroom, it gives you just a bit more space (and privacy!)
Bedding Configuration: 2 Queen, 2 Twin, 3 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: *** Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $250, security damage fee is $150, amenity fee is 5.95% & tax is 10%.
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Bedroom #2 (Queen), Bedroom #3 (2 twins), Other (3 sofa sleepers)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 30 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, 90 miles - Orlando Airport (MCO), Baseball Park, Football Stadium, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Lighthouse, Marine Land, St Augustine Historic Town, Symphony Orchestra, Crescent Beach, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL, St Augustine Beach Florida, St Augustine Beach FL
* Entertainment: Cable Television, DVD Player, Television
* FAQ: Beach (cars/park on beach), BBQ Grill (on site), Ground Floor (yes), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Stairs inside Unit (No)
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Views, On Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Outdoor: Balcony, BBQ Grill, Beach Walking, Biking, Deck, Fishing, Grill, Patio, Surf Fishing, Surfing, Swimming, Walkway to Water, Wildlife Viewing, Wind Surfing
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News, StAug(N) - 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Bronze
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more, Sleeps 7 or more, Sleeps 8 or more, Sleeps 9 or more, Sleeps 10 or more, Sleeps 11 or more
* Trash Day: Monday