Experience indoor/outdoor Florida living at its finest when you stay at Solitude, our lovely house complete with a 1,000-foot atrium enclosing a pool, Jacuzzi, fire pit, and patio furniture. Bordering a lake and close to the beach, Solitude has it all!
Solitude is a single-story house set back from the street amid lush gardens on all sides. Once you see the palms, the tropical plants, and the lake visited by herons, ducks, and plenty of fish, you?ll know you?ve arrived at a little piece of paradise in northeast Florida!
Everything is freshly painted and looks brand new at Solitude, but before you can enjoy the house, you?ll probably find yourself in the huge atrium-style lanai in the backyard. It?s just too tempting ? gorgeous all-weather furnishings arranged in conversation groups and sunbathing spots, the sparkling swimming pool, and the bubbly spa! The kids are way ahead of you ? they?re already changing into swimsuits straight from their suitcases! (Maybe they know something we?ve forgotten about the best way to start a perfect vacation!)
The lanai combines sun and shade for the perfect any-season, any-time-of-day retreat. If it?s winter, light the fire pit and enjoy the cool breezes that are so balmy compared to what the rest of the country is experiencing! If it?s any other season, put on your sandals and sunglasses, fix yourself a frosty drink, and bliss out!
Once you let the Jacuzzi coax all the stiffness out of those travel-weary muscles, you might want to venture into the house. But first you must choose: there are 3 sets of big French doors leading into the house from the lanai! Solitude really does blur the lines between inside and outdoors in the most delightful way.
Wander into the living room and let the huge sectional sofa beguile you with thoughts of a nap. It?s so pleasant to switch on the wall-mounted HDTV and float away while watching a game or your favorite movie. The cool tiled floors and soothing pastel-toned walls all enhance the feeling of relaxation and calm. You?re going to sleep well at Solitude, but we have to warn you ? it may not all be at night! But what?s a vacation for, if not random nap-taking?
Of course, the livelier members of your group might want to set up a board game or start playing cards, and fortunately the dining room is ideal for this purpose. You?ll love our vintage painted table and sideboard, distressed wooden chairs, soft lighting, and a giant shell-framed mirror. (Hey, no fair looking in the mirror to see who?s got the queen of spades!) Perfect for meals, the dining room table is also Laptop Central (you have WiFi at Solitude ? it?s free and it works out on the lanai, too!), a prime jigsaw puzzle spot, and just the place to lay out all the brochures about sightseeing in St. Augustine.
While the dining room is pleasantly retro looking, the kitchen is sleek and modern. Stainless-steel appliances, stone countertops, and cabinets filled with cookware, dishes, and utensils are a chef?s best friend. Create delicious meals, frosty blender drinks, and tempting little snacks. Or, if you prefer, grab those delivery menus and let someone else do the cooking!
The kitchen, dining room, and living room all open out to the lanai, but when it?s time for bed, you?ll find the 3 bedrooms wonderfully private and isolated from the action. Whether it?s a rambunctious toddler who won?t nap unless the atmosphere is calm or an overworked dad who really needs to decompress, everyone will sleep long and well at Solitude.
The master suite is simply wonderful, with a queen-sized tester bed, a private TV, and a private bathroom with a separate powder room and beautiful appointments. Long after you?ve gone home from Solitude, you?ll remember the striped walls in the master suite with fondness!
The second bedroom contains a queen-sized bed as well, while the third has 2 twins. These rooms share the second bathroom, which offers both a shower and tub option. We provide all linens and towels, as well as a washer/dryer for your use.
Bedding Configuration: 2 Queen, 2 Twin
Room Description: *** Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $250, pet fee $100(each), security damage fee is $150, amenity fee is 4.95% & tax is 10%.
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Bedroom #2 (Queen), Bedroom #3 (2 twins)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 104 miles to Disney World, 30 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, Baseball Park, Football Stadium, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, St Augustine Historic Town, Symphony Orchestra, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL, St Augustine Beach Florida, St Augustine Beach FL
* Entertainment: DVD Player, Television, Wireless Internet
* FAQ: BBQ Grill (on site), Ground Floor (yes), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Pool (on site), Private Pool, Private Pool (Heated), Stairs inside Unit (No)
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Views, Near Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Central Air, Ironing Board, Linens, Washer & Dryer, HD TV in Living Room
* Outdoor: Beach Walking, Biking, Deck, Fishing, Patio, Pool, Surfing, Swimming, Walkway to Water, Wildlife Viewing
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News, Eric Brown 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Silver
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, HD TV in Master Bedroom