St Augustine Oasis, fenced yard, Hdtv, walk to town, 5 minute drive to beach
A hidden gem in historic downtown St. Augustine, our home at Oasis House is a vintage bungalow that has been completely renovated inside. Its modest curb view conceals brand-new furnishings, appliances, décor, a big back garden with pond, and a huge deck!
Located on a quiet street just minutes on foot from exciting city sites, Oasis House is a single-level home with a driveway and garage, 3 bedrooms that sleep 5 people, 2 baths, and a sleeper sofa for up to 2 extra guests. If you enjoy a feeling of quiet and privacy in the midst of a convenient city location -- or if you love period cottages bursting with character and beauty -- Oasis House is the place you must stay next time you're in St. Aug!
On our rustic wooden back deck, you will overlook our large yard, with a lovely pond, reflection bench, and statue in the cool shade. After a busy day of sightseeing, shopping, or business in the city, take a cool drink out to the deck and feel yourself begin to rejuvenate.
Restful and calming, with casual seating and dining space for the whole group, the deck is likely to become your "anchor" at Oasis House, whether you're up at dawn doing tai chi to the sound of the morning birds, working on your laptop (you have free wireless Internet at Oasis House) in the soft sunshine, or sipping a glass of wine as you count the stars in the balmy night air.
Indoors, Oasis House manages to combine the charm of a mid-20th-century cottage with the convenience of up-to-the-minute appliances and technology. It's also much bigger than it looks from the front! There is a family room as well as a living room, which makes it very nice when part of your group really wants to cheer for their team during the big game and the other part wants quiet conversation!
The living room is all period charm and beauty, with polished hardwood floors, soft peach walls, 2 heavenly Mission-style easy chairs (believe us, you won't want to get up from these chairs!), gauzy drapes that filter the sunlight, and graceful lamps. This is the place to lose yourself in a novel, have an all-night conversation with an old friend, or simply sit and enjoy the serenity. Children tend to flop onto the Oriental rug with a bag of Legos or a handful of little cars and play for hours.
The family room, on the other hand, is made for raucous enjoyment, with a tiled floor that feels so good to hot feet that have walked all day, comfy furniture, a stereo, and a big new HDTV with DVD player. Many a lively game of charades has been played in this room, and it's the perfect place to let the kids drag all the blankets and pillows and stuffed animals for a "sleepover" in front of the big TV.
Our salmon-colored dining room is adjacent to the family room and convenient to the kitchen. It doesn't see many meals -- those usually get carried out to the deck! -- but it's a great place for board games, a work station, or organization center. Go ahead: spread out your maps and brochures and coupons and get your vacation really rolling!
The kitchen has been completely renovated, and you will love the gleaming new stainless-steel appliances, tiled floor and backsplash, wooden cabinetry, and fully stocked cookware cupboards and utensil drawers. Don't bring a thing except food -- everything else is here, just waiting to be of use! And of course we've got a microwave, coffeemaker, blender, and all the other useful time-savers that get you out of the kitchen a bit sooner.
The very best part of our house is the bedrooms. Nothing is more important than a good night's sleep, and everyone will be comfortable here. The master suite offers a 4-poster queen-sized bed in a room with long windows and a TV. The master bath is charming, with patterned tiles.
The second bedroom has a double-sized bed, and the third has a double-sized daybed. We have a second full bathroom, plus all the linens, blankets, pillows, and towels you will need at Oasis House. Our washer and dryer are at your disposal, so pack light!
Bedding Configuration: 1 Queen, 1 Sleeper Sofa, 1 Other, 1 Full
Room Description: Minimum stay is 7 nights per city rules. *** Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $150, pet fee $100(each), security damage fee is $95, amenity fee is 5.95% & tax is 10%.
Pets: Dogs Allowed
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Bedroom #2 (Double), Bedroom #3 (1 Twin), Other (1 sofa sleeper)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 50 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, Football Stadium, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, Museums, St Augustine Historic Town, Theatre, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL
* Discounts: 30% off - Sept 13-Dec 21 only, 40% off - Sept 13-Dec 21 only
* Entertainment: Cable Television, DVD Player, Television, VCR
* FAQ: BBQ Grill (on site), Fenced in Back Yard, Fitness Center (on site), Free Wi-Fi in Club House, Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit
* Family: Beach, Kids Games, Library, Miniature Golf, Movie Theatre, Library
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Views, Near Beach
* Kitchen: Blender, Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Central Air, Ironing Board, Linens, Washer & Dryer
* Outdoor: BBQ Grill, Beach Walking, Beachcombing, Biking, Boating, Fishing, Golf Courses, Grill, Hiking Trails, Ocean Kayaking, Sight-Seeing, Sound/Bay Fishing, Surf Fishing, Surfing, Swimming, Wildlife Viewing, Wind Surfing
* PMS: Lock Instructions:, Lock Instructions: Good News, StAug(N) - 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Gold
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 3 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more, Sleeps 7 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, TV in Master Bedroom
* Trash Day: Tuesday