Like a beach house from a fairy tale, Dolphin Lookout is situated between ocean and river, surrounded by marshland and blessed with beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Located in historic Summerhaven, this charming beach front house is ideal for your vacation.
More than a century ago, the elite of East Coast society vacationed in Summerhaven, enjoying lovely Crescent Beach, the Matanzas River, and the glorious Florida wildlife from luxury bungalows. To stay in Summerhaven was truly to "get away from it all" -- and now it retains that wonderfully remote atmosphere, even though it's just a few minutes' drive from historic downtown St. Augustine.
Dolphin Lookout comes by its name honestly. Dolphins do indeed swim past, as do manatees and other marine life just off this gorgeous strip of coastline. A bird lover's paradise, it is perfect for every sort of nature activity and water sport. If you want to see the countryside as it might have looked generations ago, come to our oceanfront bungalow in Summerhaven!
Of course, Dolphin Lookout also boasts all the modern conveniences. The combination of old-fashioned charm, perfect location, and modern features is just unbeatable!
A 2nd-floor wraparound wooden porch overlooks the ocean at Dolphin Lookout, with casual seating and unbelievable views. Accessible from the master bedroom as well as the living room and kitchen, the balcony is just a natural extension of the house, bringing the balmy weather, salty sea breezes, and murmur of the surf even closer. Step out here to catch the dawn sky before that early-morning fishing trip; return in late afternoon to watch stately lines of pelicans glide inland; enjoy a final glass of wine and count the stars at midnight. The sense of peace and contentment is incredible.
The living room at Dolphin Lookout is a big, open room with a handsome fireplace, very comfortable couch (which converts to a bed), and overstuffed easy chairs. Beneath one window is a table, great for special meals with a million-dollar view, or for a puzzle-and-game center. This is a room made for families to putter in, and we think you'll feel at home from the moment you walk in.
Our kitchen is compact and well-stocked, a galley-style design with a breakfast bar on one side of the counter and everything else on the other! All the major appliances, including a dishwasher and microwave, are waiting for you here, along with the full measure of cookware, dishes, and utensils. If fishing is part of your trip, rest assured that you can turn the catch of the day into something elegant in our kitchen! And if dining out is on the menu, stock up the fridge with drinks and the cupboards with snacks, and call it a day!
In a nook at the far end of the kitchen (hidden from view by a curtain) is our laundry area. Nobody likes to think about chores on the holidays, but we do have a washer and dryer for your use. We also provide all the linens, blankets, pillows, and towels for every bed and bath at Dolphin Lookout, so pack light!
There are 2 bedrooms and 2½ baths here, so each bedroom has its own full bathroom. The master bedroom offers a queen-sized bed, TV, plenty of storage space, and a door to the balcony. Its bath contains a walk-in shower.
The second bedroom has 2 twin beds, plenty of floor space for playing, and a bathroom with both a shower and tub option. (The half-bath serves the living and kitchen area.) Everything is fresh, sparkling clean, and pleasant here, guaranteeing the whole family a great night's sleep and a relaxed, stress-free vacation.
But best of all is our location. We're just yards from the ocean, with a generous expanse of empty sand waiting for beachcombers, boogie boarders, sunbathers, and sandcastle-builders! An outside shower helps keep the sand on the beach, but nothing will be able to keep you from venturing down just one more time to stroll along the shore at twilight.
Bedding Configuration: 1 Queen, 2 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: *** Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $195, pet fee $100(each), security damage fee is $95, amenity fee is 4.95% & tax is 10%.
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Bedroom #2 (2 twins), Other (1 sofa sleeper)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 30 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, 90 miles - Orlando Airport (MCO), Baseball Park, Football Stadium, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, St Augustine Historic Town, Theatre, Summer Haven Beach, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL, St Augustine Beach Florida, St Augustine Beach FL
* Entertainment: DVD Player, Television
* FAQ: Beach (no cars), BBQ Grill (on site), Dogs on Beach (with leash), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Views, On Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Outdoor: Balcony, BBQ Grill, Beach Walking, Boating, Deck, Fishing, Grill, Patio, Surf Fishing, Swimming, Walkway to Water, Wind Surfing
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News, Eric Brown 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Bronze
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, TV in Master Bedroom
* Trash Day: Monday