Kick back in historic Summer Haven in our vintage cottage, Artist Retreat. Just 3 houses from the beach, our updated bungalow has the feel of an artist's retreat. Offering a big patio and fenced yard, it's full of sunshine and laid-back Old Florida charm!
Light, airy, and thoroughly comfortable, our cottage sleeps 7 in 2 bedrooms and on a sleeper sofa. It's a family home, made for long lazy mornings with the newspaper, endless summer afternoons on the patio with a cold drink, and velvety warm evenings watching the stars come out. Take a deep breath and feel the stress melt away: you're in cozy Summer Haven now, a tiny community nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Matanzas River, with nothing to do but enjoy the beach, the waves, the wildlife, and the perfect weather.
Walk into the sun-soaked living room of Artist Retreat and you'll find an HDTV, relaxed seating, and a table and chairs. This is the place for the whole group to gather, whether it's to watch your favorite movies, play the Settlers of Catan, or simply enjoy one another's company. Interesting art fills the walls, while there's plenty of floor space available for your own projects!
The kitchen may call up nostalgic memories of grandma's place, with its polished shelf above the sink (to display treasures and watch the outside world while washing dishes!), modest but spotlessly clean appliances, and freestanding pantry. Painted in cheerful shades of green and white, it hearkens back to simpler times . . . yet still includes a microwave and coffeemaker for your convenience! Fully stocked with pots and pans, dishes and utensils, it has everything you need to prepare and serve a big meal, should you feel so inclined.
The master bedroom is a special treat at Seagull Cottage. Flooded with sunlight and boasting a firm, luxurious queen-size bed, it has its own access to the outdoors. Want to slip out for a moonlight walk after the kids are asleep, or perhaps run down to the beach to witness the daily miracle of the dawn? --Just pop out the bedroom door, without disturbing a soul!
The second bedroom has plenty of sunshine too, carefully controlled with shades in case you need little ones to go to sleep before the sun sets in high summer! This room may remind you of the summer cabins of your childhood, when all the cousins were piled together in a big space. Here it's just a set of bunkbeds -- a single on top, a double on the bottom -- but the excitement of "camping in" is here. Maybe it's the cheerful red curtains separating the bedroom from the main living area, or the sight of palm trees just outside the windows! Young and old alike will love this room!
All of your sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels are provided here at the house -- don't worry about packing a thing. If you're looking to get away from it all, just toss your swimsuit and a couple changes of clothes into your suitcase, bring the binoculars and the beach toys, and come on over!
Note: Due to Summer Haven beach erosion concerns created by Tropical Storm Faye, there is now an area of large boulders blocking the beach access points closest to the property. This is a matter of much press (and legal battles) as a private home owner did to protect his beach home which in turn blocked the public access point. Although you can walk in between these boulders to access the beach like the locals that live near by, the nearest easy beach access is approximately 1 mile north at Fort Mantanzas National Park. It has (free) paved parking and provides beach access via a meandering boardwalk through the park. It takes approximately 5 minutes to walk this boardwalk
Bedding Configuration: 1 Queen, 1 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa, 1 Full
Room Description: *** Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $150, pet fee $100(each), security damage fee is $95, amenity fee is 4.95% & tax is 10%.
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Bedroom #2 (1 single, 1 double), Other (1 sofa sleeper)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 50 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, 75 miles Jackville Airport (JAX), 90 miles - Orlando Airport (MCO), Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, Museums, St Augustine Historic Town, Summer Haven Beach, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL, St Augustine Beach Florida, St Augustine Beach FL
* Entertainment: DVD Player, Satellite Television, Television, Wireless Internet
* FAQ: Attached Garage, Beach (no cars), Dogs on Beach (with leash), Ground Floor (yes), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Stairs inside Unit (No)
* Family: Beach, Library, Miniature Golf, Movie Theatre
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Views, Near Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Central Air, Ironing Board, Linens, HD TV in Living Room
* Outdoor: Beach Walking, Biking, Boating, Deck, Fishing, Hiking Trails, Ocean Kayaking, Outdoor Shower, Sight-Seeing, Surf Fishing, Surfing, Swimming, Wildlife Viewing
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News, Eric Brown 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Bronze
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room
* Trash Day: Monday