Eastward, exult in the Atlantic oceanfront from a 25' deck (no buildings or walkways in sight) with its protected dunes and pounding waves. Westward, take in the swimming pool and a huge expanse of the ICW ?river? from a balcony.
Just 10 miles south of St. Augustine's Old Town, Windjammer sits on the thinnest part of Anastasia Island, closest to the ocean AND Intracoastal Waterway (ICW). You'll feel like you're drifting on a boat, with green and blue vistas on both sides -- tropical dunes and ocean surf east and the shimmering ICW and marsh islands west!
Eastward, enjoy the Atlantic oceanfront from a 25'-long covered balcony (no buildings or walkways in sight). Sliding glass doors from the living room and master bedroom open onto this breathtaking space, where 6 big swivel chairs and 2 round tables offer room for morning sunrises, afternoon shade and cool breezes for meals, drinks, reading and web-browsing. The native grasses and palmetto palms on the dunes provide homes for our resident sea turtle and rabbits, while flocks of seagulls and pelicans patrol the ocean shore.
Westward, through our windows or on the Windjammer balconies, you'll thrill to the ICW panorama and swear you could step on board sailboats, yachts and fishing boats floating by. Tides change the landscape all day, with emerging islands, sandbars and oyster beds. Exotic birds fly back and forth from the Matanzas Inlet. It's a short walk across A1A to Windjammer's private ICW pier, where guests can launch their kayaks and fishermen can catch redfish, flounder or sea trout. Sunset is an event!
We want you to make the most of your stay. Our welcome book is filled with super tips on local sights, restaurants and activities ? (what we wish we had known!) -- and a folder holds brochures and coupons.
Covered, ground floor parking means ?first floor? is really a ?second floor? view! An elevator makes grocery shopping and beach-toting easy, and a handy trash chute is just down the hall. A stairway near 104's door provides a shortcut to the pool, so you can keep an eye on family or call them in from the balcony. A wooden walkway on the Atlantic side takes you to the sugary white sands of Crescent Beach.
Sunlit from both sides, 104's dining, kitchen & living area is bright, beachy and beautiful. The whites of shabby chic tables, a light kitchen and beadboard contrast with nautical blue walls. Plush new furniture features Cape Cod stripes, starfish and sailboats. Colorful Caribbean art and fun seaside decorations far exceed the ordinary. Watch HDTV or movies from our sea-themed hutch and play music on a radio/CD/I-Pod player, which sits on an ?underwater? treasure chest.
Savor sunrise coffees (expresso/cappuccino maker provided) and sunset drinks. A breakfast bar and bar chairs add to our well-equipped kitchen, with an updated flat cooktop, Bosch dishwasher and new cookware and utensils. Shell-bordered dishes, great serving platters, and palm-etched glassware are top quality. The dining room hutch holds plastic fish plates and goblets for kids. Dress up meals with cool placemats or chic palm linens ? beach-stylin'!
The spacious master bedroom, an oasis of palm trees and rattan, guarantees a great night's sleep with its new king therapedic mattress and the soothing rhythm of the ocean's surf. Enjoy your own Samsung TV and Blue-Ray player and relax in the jetted tub (with day-time ocean views!) You'll have lots of room on our long, sand-tiled, dual-sink vanity and a big walk-in closet. The palm motif continues throughout the walk-in shower, art, bedding, lamps, fans and lush towels.
The guest bedroom, with stunning ICW views, sports a lively sailboat border. Comfy new twin beds and jaunty sailboat bedding will delight kids and adults. The maritime decor includes lighthouse accessories, a sailboat lamp, and nautical touches.
Tropical fish accent the updated guest bathroom (also usable from the main room) and walk-in shower. Brightly-colored, they look like they swam from a saltwater aquarium onto art, the shower curtain, wall hooks, and thick towels. Behind folding doors is a full-size washer and dryer, beach towels and bag, a cooler and more surprises. Welcome to Paradise!
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 2 Twin
Room Description: Minimum stay is 7 nights per condo rules. *** Charges = $125 for cleaning, & $65 security damage waiver fee. 4.95% booking/amenity fee.
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 King), Bedroom #2 (2 twins)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 83 miles to Orlando, FL, 90 miles - Orlando Airport (MCO), Dance, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, Military Base, Soccer Stadium, St Augustine Historic Town, Symphony Orchestra, Crescent Beach, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL, St Augustine Beach Florida, St Augustine Beach FL
* Discounts: 30% off - Sept 13-Dec 21 only
* Entertainment: DVD Player, Television, WiFi BlueRay/ DVD Player, I Pod & I Phone Dock
* FAQ: Beach (no cars), BBQ Grill (on site), Elevator (on site), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Pool (on site), Parking (covered), Stairs inside Unit (No), Tennis (on site), Kiosk
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Sunsets, Exceptional Views, On Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Central Air, Ironing Board, Linens, Washer & Dryer, Whirlpool Tub, HD TV in Living Room
* Outdoor: BBQ Grill, Beach Walking, Beachcombing, Biking, Boating, Fishing, Grill, Outdoor Shower, Pool, Surfing, Swimming, Tennis, Walkway to Water, Wildlife Viewing
* PMS: Lock Instructions:, Eric Brown 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Silver
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, HD TV in Master Bedroom