Vacation Apartment in Sankt Wendel - 603 sqft, comfortable, personal, bright (# 3288)
Feel at home! Discover the comfort and personal nature of our apartment, centrally located in our beautiful and cozy town and enjoy the well-known German hopitality. The English speaking hosts look forward welcoming you to their home!, key advantages: comfortable, personal, bright, 1 large living/family room with dining area, , fully equipped kitchen, has a breakfast nook, upgraded interiors, clean, well furnished, spacious design, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, The unit is conveniently located close to the downtown area of Sankt Wendel, Walking distance into downtown Sankt Wendel is only 5 minutes, There is parking in front of the house available for this object, There is also additional street parking available for this object, Welcome!
We, Martina & Rainer Rick, heartly invite you as your hosts to discover our beautiful town and province, the Saarland. Our goal is to provide you a nice and cozy apartment, which we would like to inhabit, too. If you like, we are glad to show you our history and culture and we are eager to open our minds for your own culture in a cheerful talk. For your convenience, we both speak English to make thinks simpler.
Our 56 sqm apartment is in the free-standing two-family house on the ground floor for 2-3 persons and consists of bedroom with double bed, large living room with sofa bed, fully equipped kitchen with a cozy bar, glass balcony with all-round views, large bathroom with shower, hallway with cloakroom.
Behind the house there is a large garden with various seating and BBQ facilities. You can park your vehicle directly on our site in the reserved spot. The Saarland is a cycling country! We gladly provide you two bicycles to discover the surroundings or use one of the local bike rental services.
* The spacious living room is cozy and partly furnished with solid wood furniture. The floor is made of original reclaimed wooden floors. Two windows with blinds let plenty of light into the room and provide privacy at night. There is a sofa with high-quality sleep function for a third person. You can enjoy a dining area for up to 4 people, a spacious wardrobe, satellite TV and DVD player, radio with CD and IPod docking, and various chests of drawers.
* The bedroom is equipped with wardrobes with full length mirror, modern windows and shutters. Our beds are fitted with high-quality, allergy friendly mattresses.
* Prepare a tasty meal (perhaps some German specialties?) in a fully equipped kitchen with large fridge and separate freezer, 4-plate ceramic hob, convection oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, kettle, egg boiler, juicer, waffle iron, etc. Of course there is enough crockery, cutlery, pots and pans. Tea towels are sufficiently available. And in case you miss something, just ask us!
* Start your day in a bright and friendly bathroom that is almost six square meters equipped with a shower, sink and toilet. Facilities also include make-up mirror, hair dryer and a wall dryer for your laundry. A set of fresh towels is provided weekly. There is also a washing machine, dryer and iron in the hosts' household (available only on request).
* Enjoy relaxing hours and maybe a glass of superb German wine on the balcony overlooking the garden. All-round glazed you are well protected against any weather. A bit Mediterranean feeling in the middle of the Saarland!
* Discover almost 800 square metres of garden, sheltered open-air seating, cozy fireplace, barbecue, rhododendron corner, herb spiral, insect hotel and lawn directly behind the building.
Location Frankfurt Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Frankfurt Airport. From Frankfurt Airport the distance to the unit at Tholeyer Straße 28, 66606 Sankt Wendel is about 180 km (112.5 miles), approximately a 90 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Sankt Wendel, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $50-$55 for 2 persons.
Unit Size: 603 square feet
Additional Features: Internet Access, Wireless Internet, Central Heating, Oven, Stove, Charcoal Grill, Dish Washer, Freezer, Refrigerator, Toaster, Television, Satellite TV, DVD Player, Balcony, Patio, Garden, Alarm Clock, Outdoor Dining Area, Safe, Games, Sofabed
Whether sporty holidays by bicycle, mountain biking on the World Cup course, climbing, running, golf or hiking on prized hiking trails (e.g. Tiefenbach Pfad). Whether the pilgrimage of Saint Wendelin or your cure in the Bosenbergklinik, there are many exciting places to visit like Bostalsee (Lake Bostal), Saar loop or cultural heritage of Völklinger Hütte, and interesting cities such as Tholey, Neunkirchen, Saarbrücken, and Saarlouis. Discover the numerous Roman excavations and enjoy the "savoir vivre", the French way of life for which the Saarland is well-known. German capitals like Berlin, Munich, Hamburg and Dresden are reachable within an hour by a short inland flight; the old city of Cologne, Stuttgart and its Mercedes and Porsche facilities, the cultural Frankfurt - all placed within a radius of 250 kilometers. You may visit France and its capital Paris in just a daytrip! The world-famous manufacturer of amazing tiles and tableware, Vileroy & Boch, is located in Mettlach (75 km). You will be overwhelmed by the fine artwork exposed in the historic buildings of V&Bs;' headquarters!
Save a lot of money and visit the largest factory outlet center of Germany, located in Zweibrücken (50 km). Haut-couture designer clothing, sports brands, tableware - Simply everything's offerd with a substantial discount!
Our beautiful town St. Wendel in the northeast of the Saarland can be accessed via a number of roads. St. Wendel offers a wide range of village life to the vibrant and yet cozy modern shopping town. Every year it attracts thousands of people to high-profile events in the "international sports city with flair", unless the "GLOBUS Marathon" or one of the most beautiful Christmas and Easter markets in the Southwest.
Discover Sankt Wendel and local activities:
* Wendels chappel
* Historic town centre
* Missionshaus (Mission building of Divine Word Missionaries)
* Skulpturenweg (Street of Sculptures)
* weekly and seasonal markets
* join an entertaining city tour with the nightwatchman (English on request)
* a modern indoor swimming pool
* an outdoor swimming pool for adults and children
* a climbing hall
* one of the best golf courses in Germany
* an excellent Skate Park
* many well-signposted hiking trails
* cycling and mountain biking trails for every requirement
* dozens of interesting towns and POIs within the near surroundings
* Trier, the oldest town in Germany (74 km)
* the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and its capital (125 km)
* Frankfurt, the financial heart of Germany (180 km)
* Paris, the capital of France (450 km)
* a lot of high-end events like ADAC Pfalz-Westrich-Rallye, ADAC Supermoto, Globus Marathon, Salomon Keep on Running (Trailrunning), World Class Meeting Leichtathletik, Worlds Cyclo-Cross
* ... MORE than you expect, so be curious! You may take a closer look at the photos on our German homepage www.fewo-rick.de
Especially for our guests, we provide a most informative and self-developed tour guide with a lot of background information and insider tips.
By car: St. Wendel is conveniently located 20 km from the motorways A1, A8 or A62.
Car rentals (Europcar, Sixt, Buchbinder) directly in St. Wendel, specialized rentals for U.S. cars in Kaiserlautern (60 km) or Baumholder (27 km)
By train: St. Wendel is situated on the main line between Frankfurt (Main) and Saarbrücken and is served hourly by express trains. Only 500m to walk from the train station or request our pick-up service.
Extra hint: Bike transportation for free in Saarland trains after 9 am on weekdays or weekends all day!
By plane: Your destination for direct flights is Frankfurt(Main) (FRA), about 160 km by car or, most comfortable, by train (direct connection, about 2 hours). Further airports are Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN), Saarbrücken (SCN) and Zweibrücken (ZQW), mostly for inter-european an inland flights
More travel info about Sankt Wendel: St. Wendel is a municipality in northeastern Saarland. It is situated on the river Blies 36 km northeast of Saarbruecken, the capital of Saarland, and is named after Saint Wendelin of Trier.