Songbird, a darling antique vacation rental cottage nestled on a lovely lot in the heart of Rockport Village makes the perfect vacation home base, and is an easy walk to all of the town?s shops, restaurants, galleries, and two beautiful beaches.
Watch and listen as the lush, verdant lawn comes alive with birds chirping, and bask in the tranquility of this harmonious oasis. Enter into the sun drenched eat-in kitchen (that also has a full sized washer and dryer). The living room, graced with an antique brick fireplace (now home to a modern wood burning stove) with a futon and original wide pine floors, makes for a perfect spot to sit back, read a book, and relax. While there is no TV in the cottage, there is WIFI so you can stream content onto your computer.
Continuing with its vintage vibe, Songbird?s formal dining room has an additional (decorative) fireplace, pine flooring, built-in cabinets, and a lovely antique grandfather clock. The bath, just off the kitchen has recently been updated to modern standards, and boasts a pedestal sink and a tub with shower. Despite these modern upgrades, the home does not lose any of its vintage charm, and flawlessly blends contemporary convenience with an antique appearance.
Upstairs, rest your eyes in either the larger double bedroom, complete with its original slanted roof line, or the adjacent smaller bedroom (accessible via sliding door), which has a single daybed and a trundle bed underneath. Please note, this house is for those who enjoy serenity, quiet, and the beauty of nature, and thus has no television. For our technologically-minded renters, we ask that you do not worry, as Songbird does have WiFi.
There is off street parking for up to 4 cars.
Bedding Configuration: 2 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa, 1 Full
Room Description: Upstairs master bed is a double.
Second upstairs bedroom has a day bed with a trundle underneath.
There is a futon downstairs that can be a full-sized bed.
* Entertainment: No Television, High Speed Wireless Internet, Stereo System, iPod Dock, Books
* Geographic: Walk to Art Galleries, Walk to Beach, Walk to Grocery Store/Pharmacy, Walk to Ice Cream Store, Walk to Park, Walk to Restaurant(s), Walk to Town, Walk to Train, Walk to Waterfront Public Path, Walk to Performing Arts Center
* Kitchen: Refrigerator, Freezer, Oven, Electric Oven, Self Cleaning Oven, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Toaster Oven, Cookware
* Living: Fan(s), No Air Conditioning, Woodstove, Futon, Washer and Dryer, Alarm Clock, Beach Towels
* Outdoor: Landscaping Included, Yard, Shared Driveway, Gas Grill, Beach Umbrella, Outdoor Furniture
* Type of Rental: Summer Vacation Rentals, Winter-Short Term