Vacation Apartment in Reit im Winkl - 441 sqft, cozy, quiet, sunny (# 3221)
Cozy Bavarian country house in a quiet, sunny, south-facing slope with large private balconies and stunning mountain views just 10 minutes from the center of the city., key advantages: cozy, quiet, sunny, Quality: rated with 3 DTV star(s), 1 living/family room, , kitchenette, upgraded interiors, clean, well furnished, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, There is parking in front of the house available for this object, Equipment:
Our three cozy apartments offer everything for an enjoyable and relaxing holiday. Each apartment has a bathroom with a window (shower, sink, toilet, hairdryer), a well equipped kitchenette, cable TV, radio-CD player and a balcony (with a large wooden folding table and patio furniture) with wonderful panoramic view. The attic flat (about 41 sqm) has a beamed ceiling, a bedroom with double bed, living room with table, chairs, comfortable seating, sofa bed and a bathroom with a small storeroom.
The east oriented loft apartment with exposed beams ceiling and laminate floor can accommodate 2-4 persons. The large furnished balcony offers beautiful views of the mountains and Reit im Winkl.
* Sleeping area: carpentry, solid wood double bed (180 x 200 cm) with adjustable slats, 2 bedside tables, chest of drawers, wardrobe with mirror, 2 chairs
* Kitchen: Fully fitted kitchen with 2-burner stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, well equipped with pots, dishes, cutlery, etc. A selection of spices is available.
* Entertainment: Cable TV, Radio / CD / DVD player, DVDs, Wi-Fi, books for all ages, board games. Free entrance to the local indoor and outdoor pools, Waldfreibad Kössen Walchsee resort.
* Bathroom: Bathroom with window, shower, sink, toilet, hairdryer, toiletries, hand and bath towels, shower mat, clothes horse (balcony) and a small storage room under the roof
* Washing machine and dryer in the basement ready to be shared. We also offer our guests free Internet access(WLAN) and possible bun service.
* For our younger guests we provide on demand like a travel cot and high chair available. Child, youth and adult books and board games provide entertainment
* Otherwise you will have free as our guests access to indoor and outdoor pools Reit im Winkl the Waldschwimmbad Kössen and the eastern shore of Lake Walch. Pets are welcome - please specify upon registration! Our cottage "Bachwinkl" is a non-smoking home. Smoking on the balcony is permitted.
Location Salzburg Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Salzburg Airport. From Salzburg Airport the distance to the unit at Am Glapfgraben 2, 83242 Reit im Winkl is about 60 km (37.5 miles), approximately a 58 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Reit im Winkl, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $67-$105 for 2 persons.
Unit Size: 441 square feet
Additional Features: Internet Access, Wireless Internet, Central Heating, Dish Washer, Microwave, Washing Machine, Clothes Dryer, Television, Satellite TV, Cable TV, DVD Player, Balcony, Games, Sofabed
Enjoy the gentle lapping of the little creek and the unobstructed view of the mountains from our country house that was built in 2000 in a quiet location on the western edge of Reit im Winkl, yet only 10 minutes from the center. Our house is an ideal starting point for various leisure activities. Hiking trails, cross-country ski trails, sledding hill and ski bus stop are in the immediate vicinity. Parking at the house.
Discover Reit im Winkl and local activities:
* In the Upper Bavarian region of Chiemgau located at an altitude of 700 m, Reit im Winkl is in one of the leading health resorts in Germany. It is known for its snow-sure location, well-groomed winter hiking paths leading through enchanting snowy landscape, its extensive, cross-border ski area to Winklmoosalm and Steinplatte (1869 m), 88 km of cross-country ski trails in the valley, 60 km on an elevated plain and one of the longest natural toboggan runs in Germany (4 km). There are also a lot of attractions and leisure facilities for children - the ADAC ski guide 2011 classified Reit im Winkl as the most family-friendly ski resort in Germany!
* In summer you can visit famous castles, palaces, lakes, enjoy a day trip to Munich or Salzburg or go for hikes and enjoy the magnificent mountain scenery.
* Anyone interested in sports may go mountain biking, play tennis, golf or minigolf. And the free varied recreational program for families and children has to a lot to offer for everyone: high ropes forest and forest adventure tours, carriage rides and pony rides, fishing, night hike and campfire, torch relay and street festival, family hike with alpacas ...
* To cool off take a swim in the indoor or outdoor pool with giant slide, or to the nearby lakes (Weitsee, Walchsee ...) - for our guests, even these pastimes free!
from Munich: A8 motorway direction Salzburg, at the Inntaldreieck change onto A93 direction Innsbruck to exit Oberaudorf, then turn right passing through Niederndorf, Walchsee, Kössen to Reit im Winkl. After Reit im Winkl town sign take second turn to the left into „Alte Grenzstraße“, after 240 meters turn left into "Am Glapfgraben"
from Salzburg: A8 direction Munich, exit Grabenstätt, then turn left passing through Marquartstein to Reit im Winkl. Follow signs towards Kössen. After having passed „Festhalle“ (on your left) turn right into „Alte Grenzstraße“, after 240 meters turn left into "Am Glapfgraben"
We also offer to pick you up from the train station Bernau / Chiemsee.
The nearest (or most convenient) airport is Salzburg Airport. The distance to this airport is about 60 km (37.5 miles), approximately a 58 minutes drive by car. Alternatively, Munich airport is about 150 km (95 miles), approximately 1 hour 50 minutes by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Reit im Winkl, in case you don't want to rent a car.
Reviews from former guests:
“Quiet haven, spotlessly clean, warm and friendly hosts, EVERYTHING we needed and wanted!” 5 of 5 stars - Reviewed July 31, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
I am a former innkeeper and frequent traveler (my husband even more so!), and we really value a QUALITY lodging experience. That's exactly what we got at this cozy Bavarian house!
The pension is advantageously situated at the edge of the village, so you have the feeling of being IN the countryside. Fields stretch behind the house. TWO brooks flank the house so we were treated to the tranquil sound of running water while sitting on our balcony. It is a surprisingly peaceful place, with great views of the mountains, from our room.
Weather was unusually warm while we were there, but we had a wonderful, cool cross-breeze, which must have in part, come from the large shade trees lining the brooks' edge. The apartment DID NOT overheat!
The bed was large, with fresh and lovely linens; very comfortable! Kitchenette had absolutely EVERYTHING you could imagine wanting. We cooked pasta with pesto sauce one evening--wanting a relaxing night "in," watching a DVD (BTW, they had a nice collection of family-friendly DVD's).
And the innkeepers, the Hildebrandts, outfitted the room with all the maps, guides and visitor information you could want to navigate a fun stay in Reit im Winkl. They also helped us find a good bike rental shop. Gave hints about nice places for getting to the river's edge and suggested various hikes we might like.
A couple with a two year old toddler stayed in the apartment next to ours on the top floor and the innkeepers were concerned the noise from the child would disturb us. Our bedroom shared a wall with these other guests. But there was absolutely NO sound bleed from their quarters into ours.
Interestingly, my husband noticed, though the town seemed busy with summer vacationers, most of the other pensions (and there were a LOT of them!), had "Zimmer Frei" signs posted. But our place was filled! And we learned it was booked almost to capacity for months to come! We want to return in the Fall and may have trouble getting an apartment!
Being a former innkeeper and curious about such things, we asked the hosts why they thought they were more fully booked and other pensions still had free rooms, they said maybe it was because they offer more flexibility for guests' arrival and departure days and times and they allow guests to bring young children and pets.
But I think it had a lot to do with the fact we were being hosted by innkeepers who valued the chance to really SERVE guests. The kind of service we experienced during our stay is hard to find these days! There was attention to every detail! Communication setting up the reservation was prompt. They were flexible about our having to change arrival times ...were visibly "present" during our stay, giving us a chance to let on if there was anything else we needed, but they also knew how to respect the privacy of guests. I could go on and on.
I think their success is the result of a winning combination of lovely home in a beautiful and serene setting, with dedicated innkeepers that make visitors feel like honored guests!
I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the Reit im Winkl region. In fact, I would say staying at this pension is reason enough to choose this region for a holiday or get-away!
More travel info about Reit im Winkl: Reit im Winkl is a small village in the southeastern part of Bavaria, Germany, in the Traunstein district. It is situated southwest of Ruhpolding in the Alps. The village area has borders with two states of Austria, Tyrol and Salzburg. The small village of Koessen in Tyrol is the next village following the river Lofer to the confluence into the Tiroler Achen. Reit im Winkl has a population of approximately 2,600. It is a famous tourist resort, especially for winter sports. The skiing area is located in a district of the village called Winklmoos Alm.