Cue the music "California Dreaming". Turn it up a bit so that you can hear it over the roar of the waves just past the tidepools directly in front of you. Stretch back in a comfy lounge chair from the vantage point of your balcony perched fifty feet above the Pacific Ocean, with the beverage of your choice, watching the pelicans sailing by, the surfers,swimmers, and beachcombers at play.
Welcome to the penthouse suite of 457 Coast Blvd. The trifold doors are pushed back and the panorama of the La Jolla coastline flows in, transforming as it goes. The silvery oak floors morph into driftwood, the sea-blue granite countertops become the waves rolling in. Over the bar floats a school of jelly fish, unaware of their function as a source of light. Walls are covered in sea grass or mirror to reflect more ocean views. Should you fall asleep in the living room, in front of the warm glow of the faux fireplace, be assured the sofa bed is extremely comfortable. In the master bedroom a king bed awaits with adjoining spa inspired bathroom with aqua glass walls and a shower of green Esmeralda granite. The guest room sleeps two, in the twin bed / chair version of the living room sofa, also very comfortable. The bath, accessed across the hall through double pocket mirrored doors is a virtual seashell grotto, complete with all the conveniences and a tub enclosed shower.
The gourmet kitchen is a natural for preparing locally caught lobster, halibut, or yellowfin tuna while never taking your eyes off that gorgeous view, where you'll see the fishing boats that are reeling them in. You'll also see grey whales in season, pods of dolphin, harbor seals and sea lions, along with formations of pelicans, which who knows why, just have to be counted.
As for matters practical - there's a spot for one car in the underground garage, a large washer/dryer in the garage and a small one for dainties in our 1000 square foot condo. When the sun sets there's cable TV and wireless internet to entertain you. The perfect picnic spot sits right out front on our "little green lawn", where you can stretch out on the grass, glass of wine and camera in hand to catch the elusive green flash at sunset. And take note - the sunset lasts even longer from the height of the 5th floor balcony. It's all about the view!!
Out the front door the Coastwalk beckons, but you won't want to leave this beautiful spot. Right around the corner, the Village, Scripp's Park, and the seals at the Children's Pool beckon, as well as George's Restaurant, Warwick's Bookstore and gelato.
Still, you will not want to leave, but, rest assured, the anticipation and pleasure of seeing it all over again, make up for any absence. The song says it all - California Dreamin' - but when you wake up, it hasn't gone away - because it's real.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROPERTY HAS A 7 NIGHT MINIMUM RESTRICTION AND DOES NOT ALLOW PETS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
?No smoking is allowed inside any of our properties
?Due to the moderate coastal climate, this house (like most in the area) does not have air conditioning.
?This home is located in a quiet neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups. Our rental agreement includes a no tolerance policy regarding excessive noise, occupancy and/or parties. Deposit forfeitures and/or evictions are strictly enforced. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before renting with SeaBreeze Vacation Rentals.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 2 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa
* AMENITY: king, shower, toilet, tub, twin/ single
* ATTRACTIONS: bay/sound, botanical garden, churches, cinemas, coin laundry, festivals, library, live theater, marina, museums, recreation center, restaurants, synagogues, theme parks, winery tours, zoo
* Business: Nearby ATM, Nearby Post Office, Nearby Internet Cafe, Nearby FedEx, Nearby Bank
* Convenience: Area FitnessCenter, Nearby Medical Services, Nearby Grocery, Movie Theatres, Golf Course
* DINING_CHECKBOX: Dining
* ENTERTAINMENT: Satellite / Cable, Television
* GENERAL: Clothes Dryer, Fireplace, Garage, Hair Dryer, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Telephone, Towels Provided, Washing Machine
* KITCHEN: Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster
* LEISURE_ACTIVITIES: antiquing, beachcombing, gambling casinos, luaus, paddle boating, photography, scenic drives, sight seeing, whale watching
* LOCAL_SERVICES_AND_BUSINESSES: ATM/bank, Babysitter, fitness center, groceries, hospital, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services
* LOCATION_TYPE: Beach View, Beachfront, Ocean View, Oceanfront
* OUTSIDE: Balcony, Deck / Patio
* SPORTS_AND_ADVENTURE_ACTIVITIES: basketball court, cycling, deepsea fishing, fishing, golf, hiking, ice skating, jet skiing, paragliding, pier fishing, roller blading, sailing, scuba diving or snorkeling, snorkeling, sound/bay fishing, surf fishing, surfing, swimming, tennis, water skiing, wind-surfing
* SUITABILITY: children welcome, non smoking only, pets not allowed
* SUITABILITY_CHKBOX: Long-term Renters Welcome