This home sits on the bluff of one of the most pristine Bays of the Kona coast, (H) Heeia Bay. Keauhou Bay is just feet away to the South.
The home is a classic older Hawaiiana home that spreads out in all directions for spacious enjoyment and privacy for all guests. The master suite is located in the main house with the other 3 bedrooms located in a separate wing inside the courtyard, each with a separate entrance creating maximum privacy. Swim in the unheated black bottom pool while you watch dolphins and whales pass by.
Part of Baywatch's charm is its traditional Hawaiian coastal open air design. The prevailing trade winds from the west over the ocean and the mountain breezes from the east make this island home so comfortable that there is no need for air conditioning.
Follow a paved pathway for beach access at beautiful Heeia Bay, just around the corner of Manukai Street.
The famous Sam Choy restaurant is a five minute drive, a movie theater and shopping center are all within walking distance.
Numerous resort amenities are available just to the South. The Keauhou Bay area offers great ocean access, Scuba diving, Sailing, Catamaran, Fishing charters, Sea kayaking and Outrigger canoeing.
Hotel amenities do not come with the home.
If you are seeking local markets and historical context, downtown Kailua-Kona is approximately a 10 minute drive for easy access to shopping, businesses, waterfront restaurants and hotels. Watch the people and the cruise ships come and go from the Kailua Pier. Visit the famous Farmer's Market. Enjoy a shave ice or a cup of Kona coffee, have a light snack or a gourmet meal, buy an inexpensive souvenir or a piece of fine art, book an activity, go for a swim or hang out on the many beautiful beaches.
Up the coast is a busy marina with Hawaii's best scuba diving, big-game fishing, kayaking, dolphin and whale watching and other ocean activities. Hale Akala is conveniently located, a great home base to explore the many wonders of the Big Island including Volcano National Park, Mauna Kea Observatory, coffee and macadamia nut farms, artist communities, and more!
WARNING! Home might not be suitable for small children due to pool and cliff location as well as the location of the bedrooms.
HAWAII TAX ID #W-01
Bedding Configuration: 2 King, 2 Queen, 1 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: The entire upstairs is the master suite.
* Convenience: Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, On-Site Massage Available, Shopping, Snorkel Beach
* Entertainment: Cable Television, Internet access, Stereo System, Television, WiFi Internet
* Family: Beach, Library, Miniature Golf, Movie Theatre, Playground
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Sunsets, Exceptional Views, On Bay or Sound, Secluded
* Kitchen: Blender, Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Fully Equiped Kitchen, Ironing Board, Linens, Washer & Dryer, Oceanfront Plus!
* Outdoor: Art Studios, ATV Rental, Balcony, BBQ Grill, Beach Walking, Beachcombing, Bicycle, Biking, Boating, Boogie Boarding, Coffee Plantations, Deck, Deep Sea Fishing, Dolphin Habitat, Fishing, Galleries, Gas Grill, Hiking Trails, Jet Ski Rental, Ocean Kayaking, Patio, Private Swimming Pool, Sight-Seeing, Snorkeling, Surfing, Swimming, Tennis, Scuba Diving, Manta Ray Diving, Whale Watching, Dolphin Watching, Dinner Cruises, Snorkel Trips