Vacation Apartment in Grassau - 517 sqft, modern, bright, comfortable (# 3292)
Grassau lies only 5 km from the Chiemsee away amidst the beautiful Chiemgau. Large cities such as Munich (approx. 80 km) and the Austrian Salzburg (approx. 60 km) can be reached quickly via the motorway A-8. Many sporting activities (cycling, gliding, hang gliding, sailing, golf, swimming, winter skiing, cross-country skiing, etc.) are possible. Sauna and indoor pool (attention: there is necessary the use of a swimming cap) is located in the house and can be used free of charge., key advantages: modern, bright, comfortable, 1 living/family room, , fully equipped kitchen, upgraded interiors, clean, well furnished, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, The unit is located near the edge of the village, Walking distance into downtown Grassau is only 10 minutes, There is parking in front of the house available for this object, There is also additional street parking available for this object, Equipment:
The apartment has a separate bedroom with a double bed and a large wardrobe, a comfortably furnished living room with double bed couch, color TV (cable), radio (cable), a fully equipped kitchen separated by a partition wall-counter from the living room with stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, Brotschneidemaschine, kettle, egg boiler, toaster, iron etc., a small hallway, a bathroom with bathtub + WC, hair-dryer, as well as a large balcony. Here, there is a table with 4 chairs, a folding lounger and a parasol is available for your well-being. Bed linen and towels are not provided. It is allergy bedding (pillows + beds). If it should be required also an extra bed (travel bed) and/or an ice bed for children can be placed for a third person. In this case we ask when booking the apartment appropriate note. A bicycle storage facility exists from autumn 2011 in the house. Washing machine and tumble dryer are located in the basement for use without charge. Please no pets! Indoor pool and sauna use without additional charge. Use of indoor swimming pool and a sauna need a bathing cap.
Daily rental rates for our American/international guests year-round are 40 EUR because we include linen and towels.
Location Salzburg Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Salzburg Airport. From Salzburg Airport the distance to the unit at Hafnerstraße 4, 83224 Grassau is about 69 km (43.1 miles), approximately a 36 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Grassau, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $63-$62 for 2 persons.
Unit Size: 517 square feet
Additional Features: Central Heating, Stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, Toaster, Washing Machine, Clothes Dryer, Television, Cable TV, Balcony, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Sofabed
Grassau is located in the scenic Chiemgau with a dream landscape with mountains, forests, and lakes.
Discover Grassau and local activities:
* Throughout the year there are a variety of recreation and trips, E.g. visits to Castle Herrenchiemsee and/or the Fraueninsel, hiking, biking, Nordic walking, rafting and kayaking trips on the Tiroler ache, sailing or surfing on the Chiemsee.
* The Süddeutsche paragliding school (paragliding) and the Alpine gliding school (gliding) is located in Unterwössen, Germany. In winter, for example the "angle Moss Alm/Steinplatte" offers a guaranteed snow ski paradise, various long LAU trails are located in the immediate vicinity.
* Due to the direct location at the entrance of cultures between the "high" and the "Hochgern" Grassau is although no pure winter sports but still ideal for a varied holiday. Grassau can offer a lot to the cold season each guest. Cleared winter hiking trails, cross-country ski trails. The fan's of ice skating, tobogganing and the curling come at their expense. As a special service the Achentalorte market Grassau, red Tau, Unterwössen, Germany, Marquartstein, overseas and Schleching offer partially free rides from the Achen Valley's guests with sanatorium card in the winter season neighboring ski area "High Kössen". The most famous ski resort of Chiemgau is the "Steinplatte" on the famous "Winklmoos alm" with an altitude of 1,100 m to 1,900 m, 30 lifts and 30 km of prepared slopes. All levels of difficulty. Current snow reports can be obtained by calling-800 25.
* The valley station in Reit im Winkl - Seegatterl is about 25 km away from Grassau.
* Find an another very nice ski resort, on the Tyrolean side in Kössen: "Hoch Kössen action Hill". 40 km of perfectly groomed slopes, up to 1,800 m, lift available, all levels of difficulty. Current snow report can be found here under the telephone number-6226.
* Of Grassau after Kössen, the distance is approximately 23 km.
* Purchase daily and half-day ski passes for "Hochkössen" also in the tourist information grass sausage. With this ski pass you can take free of charge in the ski resort and back by bus of local regional traffic.
* There are more ski areas in closer and another environment: Kamp wall rail Aschau Chiemgau, Gemini igel stone railway Schleching, Hochfellnseilbahn mountains, Western mountain and mountain in Ruhpolding, Wendel stone, Hocheck Oberaudorf, St. Johann in Tirol, Kitzbühel, Fieberbrunn, etc.
* Cross-country skiing is one of the healthiest sports which exist, it requires the entire muscles of people and is becoming increasingly popular for both young and older guests. Grassau, when there are appropriate snow conditions ski trails from the spa, park and Sports Centre (about 6 km). The Rottauer trail (10 km) starts at the Hochgernstraße and is usually connected to the Bernauer trail.
* If the snow situation in Grassau is not sufficient in the tourist information centre with sanatorium card possibility discounted "day trail passes" for REIT im Winkl or Kössen/Tirol to purchase. In these two places, snow is given usually from December to March. After Kössen, you can drive daily for free round-trip to purchase of this trail passes with the buses of our regional transport.
* Traditional folklore events ("grass Sauer advent in the stapler reproach", Christmas shooting the Rottauer firecracker shooters, "Rauhnachthoagascht", "Stefanikonzerte"), beauty and wellness and health, "Fasting" complete the offer.
* Achentaler farmer's market in the stapler vault in Grassau with local products and coffee and cake by the farmers. Each 1.Samstag in the month with craft market.
* Moor hiking trips through the nature reserve "Kendlmühlfilze"
* Nordic walking course for beginners and advanced.
Reach Grassau on the A-8 motorway from Munich towards Salzburg, exit Bernau am Chiemsee, Germany and then in the direction of Marquartstein - Reit am Winkl, continue or the departure overseas/Grassau or the departure of Grabenstätt.
More travel info about Grassau: Grassau is a market town in the district of Traunstein in Bavaria in Germany. It is located south of lake Chiemsee in the valley of the Tiroler Ache.