This delightful 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath Queen Anne-style vacation rental home is bright and cheery and just waiting for you!
Enter the house into the kitchen from the verdant and sizable back yard (or choose one of the other 2 doors). The sunny kitchen has plenty of storage, a gas range, and a small center island that can be used to eat or as a meal prep area. A full-size front loading washer and dryer are also in the kitchen.
From the kitchen you will pass through the large dining room, with built-in shelving, and through a set of french doors into the living room, with a bay window and stylish modern sectional sofa and flat screen TV. The den (just off the dining and living areas) has a comfy double futon. There is a spacious half bath on this level and there are hardwood floors throughout the main floor.
Upstairs are 3 bright bedrooms and a new (2015) bath. The master bedroom has sliders to a deck from which you can glimpse the ocean, as well as a California king bed. The other two bedrooms on this floor have twin beds (two are extra long) and one bedroom also boasts two trundle beds. The new European-style bathroom with a walk in shower and double vanity is separated from the toilet for more versatile use.
There is a second set of "back" stairs which brings you down to the kitchen entrance. While the upstairs bedrooms are air conditioned, the first level is not. Outside, a slate patio, hot & cold outdoor shower, one car garage and a driveway that can accommodate 4 cars complete this vacation home, making it a convenient and comfortable Cape Ann getaway.
Helena House is located in Bay View area of Gloucester. A short walk takes you to Hodgkins Cove where you can swim and enjoy the scenery or walk to many fishing spots and quarries for swimming. The picturesque neighborhood beach of Plum Cove is 6/10 of a mile, and a bit farther is the sweet little village of Lanesville. Annisquam and Rockport are a short drive away.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 6 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: Master California King with slider to deck and winter water views, Twins XL, 2 twins with trundles.
Double futon in downstairs den
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* Entertainment: Flat Screen TV, Blu-Ray Player, Cable Television, High Speed Wireless Internet, iPod Dock
* Geographic: Access to Public Transportation, Seasonal water views, Walk to Beach, Walk to Ice Cream Store, Walk to Quarries
* Kitchen: Refrigerator, Gas Stove, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Blender, Cookware, Utensils, Center Island
* Living: Air Conditioning Unit(s), Heat, Linens, Futon, Washer and Dryer, NO Landline Telephone, Hardwood Floors, Office, Alarm Clock, Dogs allowed (pet fees apply), Dogs under 40 lbs only, Cats allowed (pet fees apply)
* Outdoor: Deck, Yard, Garage, Outdoor Furniture, Outdoor Shower
* Type of Rental: Summer Vacation Rentals, Summer & Winter Rental, Winter-Long Term, Winter-Short Term