Cottage in Freiburg im Breisgau - lovely, comfortable, original (# 2861)
Our new POD houses are modeled on the Toda huts and are somewhat reminiscent of the hobbit-houses. Equipped with a pull out bed (140 x 200 cm) for 2 persons, table & chairs and a sun terrace radiate our camping-POD's thanks to the beautiful wood paneling a feeling of warmth and comfort., key advantages: lovely, comfortable, original, 1 living/family room, , fully equipped kitchen, clean, The unit is located near the edge of the village, There is parking in front of the house available for this object,
Our new POD houses are modeled on the Toda huts and are somewhat reminiscent of the hobbit-houses. Equipped with a pull out bed (140 x 200 cm) for 2 persons, table & chairs and a sun terrace radiate our camping-POD's thanks to the beautiful wood paneling a feeling of warmth and comfort.
For colder days, the wooden caravan is equipped with electric heating. The sanitary facilities are close by in a separate buildings.
Arrival and departure:
Check-in between 3 and 9 p.m. Check-out before 11 a.m.
What you need to take along:
Bed sheets, towels, tablecloths and kitchen towels. If you wish, we can also provide bed sheets (6€ per bed).
Minimal rental period:
5 nights. A shorter stay is also possible, but then we charge an extra one-time fee of 10€.
For obvious reasons, it is forbidden to smoke in the wooden caravan. You can find the toilets and all washing facilities in a separate building near the caravan. You have to leave the wooden caravan cleaned, if not, we will charge you with a cleaning fee of 35€. It is not possible to bring pets.
Location Black Forest Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Black Forest Airport. From Black Forest Airport the distance to the unit at Waldseestraße 77, 79117 Freiburg im Breisgau is about 52 km (32.5 miles), approximately a 39 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Freiburg im Breisgau, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $57-$114 for 2 persons.
Additional Features: Microwave, Television
The campsite is located at the idyllic edge of the Black Forest and the Möslepark recreation area for which it is named. Within a radius of about 1 km you find:
* tram stop for Line 1 (“Stadthalle” stop, about 6 min. to downtown)
* Freiburg-Littenweiler and Wiehre railway station
* large shopping center with REWE, Aldi, Tchibo, Jak-o, C&A, Takko, etc.
* forest spa: wellness facility with sauna, steam bath, massage, solarium, etc.
* restaurant “Busse’s Waldschänke”
* forest lake, with boat rental
* mini golf, tennis, stadium of the SC Freiburg
* open-air and indoors pools of FT 1844
* beautiful hiking and cycling paths in the Black Forest and in Freiburg
You need to bring bed sheets, towels, tablecloth and dish towels. Bed sheets can also be provided on request, for a fee of EUR 6 per bed.
Minimum stay five nights. Shorter stays are possible for a one-time fee of EUR 10.
How to Get Here:By car from Karlsruhe or Basel (Autobahn A5)
Take exit Freiburg Mitte and follow the signs towards “Stadtmitte, Titisee-Neustadt & Donaueschingen.” After 7 km, shortly past the Brewery Ganter (which is on the left side), you will get to a tunnel entrance. Directly in front of it, you need to change to the left track and pass the tunnel on the left (do NOT enter it). Having passed the large shopping center, turn right onto Möslestrasse (at the kiosque). Then continue straight ahead over the railway crossing and continue on the Waldseestrasse for some 800 m.
By car from Titisee-Neustadt
Approach on B31. Shortly before Freiburg, turn off B31 towards Littenweiler. Stay on Kappeler Strasse until you reach the intersection where you see a Volksbank (on the right side) and the Badische Beamtenbank (on the left). Turn left and continue here on Lindenmattenstrasse, crossing the railway tracks, past the PH. Take the second road right after the railway crossing (Littenweilerstrasse) and continue for about 1 km.
By train and tram
Freiburg central station, go on the tram bridge and take Line 1 towards Littenweiler. Get off at Stadthalle stop (about 11 minutes travel time). Down the stairs and right. Past the underpass, go up the stairs on the left, then keep right (Möslestrasse) towards the railway crossing. Continue for about 800 m on Waldseestrasse.
The Camping Ground
An ideal location for all those looking for closeness to nature as well as proximity to the city of Freiburg (approximately 2,5 km to the picturesque old town) and the Black Forest.
On our idyllic camping ground, situated next to the Möslepark and on the flanks of the Black Forest, you find, besides an excellent restaurant, a large wellness centre with sauna, steam baths and various types of massage.
The location of the camping grounds by the Möslepark makes them an ideal starting point for interesting excursions, various sporting activities or just for relaxation.
This year (2011), our campground is opened from the 28th of March until the 23rd of October.
At a Glance:Opening Hours:
* Reception: 8 – 12 a.m. and 2.30 – 10 p.m.
* Entry: 7.30 – 12 a.m. and 2.30 – 10 p.m.
* calm, idyllic location in fogless valley
* lawn area and compacted camping spots
* many trees
* children’s playground
* no permanent camping
* in recreation area Möslepark
* heated washing and shower rooms
* heated showers (no extra cost)
* all water taps offer hot or cold water
* common room with small kitchen
* washing machine and dryer
* service station for caravans
* kiosk selling bread rolls, drinks, souvenirs, postcards..
* gas sold
* bike rental
* guest’s rooms, private rooms (www.fremdenzimmer-freiburg.de)
* internet, Wi-Fi
* newspapers and magazines
* bike and hiking maps
* bed sheet, air mattress, etc. rental
… and much more…
Excursions in Freiburg:
You find all information about Fribourg on the official homepage of the city of Freiburg: www.freiburg.de, respectively at the economical and touristic service of Freiburg: />
If you’re interested in theatre, in the cinemas, in visiting a wellness centre, in sports,... , Freiburg offers you numerous possibilities to fill in your spare time in an attractive way.And thanks to our excellent regional public transport, all destinations are easily and advantageous accessible by bus or tram.
Here you find a few interesting examples of excursions in our surroundings:
* Europa-Park in Rust (35 km): www.europapark.de
* Steinwasenpark (10 km): www.steinwasen-park.de
* Feldberg: www.feldberg-gipfeltreffen.de/cms/index.php
* Bergwelt Schauinsland: www.bergwelt-schauinsland.de
* Schwarzwald: www.schwarzwald.com
* Triberger Wasserfälle (55 km): www.schwarzwald.com/triberg/
* Kaiserstuhl (15 km): www.am-kaiserstuhl.de/
* Schaffhausen, Rheinfall (100 km): /> * Titisee and Schluchsee (25 km)
* Glasbläserhof Todtnau (25 km): www.glasblaeserhof.de
Some beautiful cities in our surroundings:
* Basel: www.basel.ch
* Breisach: www.breisach.de
* Colmar: www.colmar.de
* Emmendingen: www.emmendingen.de
* Staufen: www.staufen.de
* Straßburg: www.strasbourg.fr/StrasbourgFr/DE
* Waldkirch: www.stadt-waldkirch.de
More travel info about Freiburg im Breisgau: Freiburg im Breisgau is a city in Baden-Wuerttemberg, on the western edge of the Black Forest. It straddles the Dreisam river, on the foothills of the Schlossberg. Because of its scenic beauty, relatively warm and sunny climate, and easy access to the Black Forest, Freiburg is a hub for regional tourism. Notable features of Freiburg include the Augustinerplatz, one of the central squares in the old city. Once an Augustinian monastery, it is now a popular social space for Freiburg's younger residents. The Historisches Kaufhaus, or historical marketplace, is a Renaissance building constructed between 1520 and 1530, and was once the center of the financial life of the region. The Platz der alten Synagoge ("Old Synagogue Square") is one of the more important squares on the outskirts of the historic old city. The square was the location of a synagogue until it was destroyed on the Night of Broken Glass in 1938.