Welcome to Flagler Sand Dollar, our ocean view house on the shores of one of Florida's most low-key, beautifully unspoiled beaches! With great electronics, and a huge deck, it combines charm and luxury. Come discover the "new Old Florida" here!
Convenient to everything from St. Augustine to Palm Coast, MarineLand and Jacksonville, Flagler is a little fishing village that has escaped the rampant development of the northeast coast. The Great Florida Birding Trail runs through here, and the town is full of friendly diners and funky little stores. It may remind you of beach towns of yesteryear, and you'll half-expect to see a classic wood-paneled station wagon loaded with surfboards cruise by! (Actually, that's not an unreasonable expectation!)
Flagler Sand Dollar is a two-story house with an ocean-view deck running the length of the second floor. The deck is the place you'll migrate at all hours, relaxing in the casual chairs, grabbing a quick meal at the little table, or simply sunning yourself to the sound of the surf. It's a fine place for stargazing, the birdwatching couldn't be better (bring binoculars and your Peterson's Guide!), and if you manage to wake up early enough one morning, you'll have a front-row seat for the spectacular sunrise over the ocean!
The great room opens onto the deck and offers many windows for viewing the ocean, so you never have to leave the gorgeous beach behind when it's time to come indoors. Step into the living area at Flagler Sand Dollar and you may be beguiled by the 52-inch HDTV with Surround Sound and DirecTV, or the 5-disc DVD player. The couch in here seems just made for naps, and the easy chair so comfy it seems to swallow you up. (Perfect for reading that book you've been trying to make time for all year!)
Adjacent to the living area, and with a panoramic view of the coastline, is our dining table. It's set for 4, because usually it's devoted to cards and games! With the best of intentions, all of our meals wind up outdoors, either on the deck or in the beautifully landscaped yard. You'll find al fresco dining here irresistible too!
The breakfast bar provides another eating space, with comfortable armchair barstools. Park the kids up here while the grown-ups dine at the table -- they'll love the swivelly stools, and may even eat more of their breakfast!
The kitchen at Flagler Sand Dollar is stocked with cookware, dishes, and utensils for anything you might care to prepare, and has all the major and minor appliances you'd expect, plus a small wine fridge. The icemaker in the fridge keeps you cool, while the microwave gets you back out of the kitchen and into the fun faster! And the dishwasher cleans everything up while you loll in the outside after dinner!
There are 2 bedrooms and bathrooms on the second floor of Flagler Sand Dollar. The master suite is heavenly, with a queen-sized bed, 19-inch TV, and access to a big rear deck that offers spectacular sunset views over the marshes. The master bath has a walk-in shower.
The second bedroom has both a full bed and a full-sized futon, and its bathroom contains both a shower and a tub option. The living room also boasts a queen-sized blow-up mattress, just in case you need it. Plenty of room for everyone -- and that's not to mention the downstairs suite!
One of the best features of Flagler Sand Dollar is the separate first-story bed and bath, just perfect for a second couple traveling with you, teens, or grandparents. Truly private, this large room offers a king-sized bed, and the attached bath has a walk-in shower. There's also a washer and dryer down here, which you're welcome to use. And we provide all the linens and towels for every bed and bath at Flagler Sand Dollar. Pack light!
Best of all, the 6-person hot tub in the yard is the perfect way to end a busy day on the beach or in town. Like everything here, it's designed with relaxation in mind. Come shed your stress and have fun!
Bedding Configuration: 2 Queen, 2 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: *** Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $250, pet fee $100(each), security damage fee is $95, amenity fee is 5.95% & tax is 11%.
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Bedroom #2 (Queen), Bedroom #3 (2 twins), Other (1 sofa sleeper)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 83 miles to Orlando, FL, 90 miles - Orlando Airport (MCO), Football Stadium, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Marine Land, Soccer Stadium, St Augustine Historic Town, Theatre, Flagler Beach
* Entertainment: DVD Player, Television
* FAQ: Beach (no cars), BBQ Grill (on site), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Stairs inside Unit - Yes
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Sunsets, Exceptional Views, Near Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Central Air, Ironing Board, Linens, Washer & Dryer, HD TV in Living Room
* Outdoor: Balcony, BBQ Grill, Beach Walking, Biking, Deck, Fishing, Grill, Hot Tub, Patio, Sight-Seeing, Swimming, Walkway to Water
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News, Daniel Johnson 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Bronze
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more, Sleeps 7 or more, Sleeps 8 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, TV in Master Bedroom
* Trash Day: Monday