Sitting on the edge of Flagler Beach with a sweeping view of the cinnamon sand and sparkling surf is Sunshine House, our newly renovated vintage bungalow. Boasting brand-new furniture, a cool retro décor, and unbeatable ocean views, it's THE place to stay!
Like something straight off the set of Mad Men, Sunshine House is a mid-20th-century cube of a house, with a flat roof and pastel colors. It sits on a prime double lot, beachfront, with a huge backyard overlooking the sea. But though it may look modest from the outside, once you step into Sunshine House, you realize you've found a truly special home-away-from-home.
Completely remodeled with terrazzo floors and a designer's eye, Sunshine House can only be described as a "swingin' beach pad"! Turn on the radio in here and you expect to hear the latest hit from the Rat Pack or news from the Kennedy White House! It's sheer fun to look at, super comfortable to stay in, and a conversation piece you'll dine out on all year. Bring the good camera and get ready to fill your Facebook page with new photos!
The wide open living and dining area is a awash in sunlight and pale tones, from the gleaming terrazzo floors to the huge powder-blue sectional that seats 8 comfortably and includes a lounger. Two ottomans in this room unfold into twin beds, accommodating any overflow of guests. (And you WILL have an overflow of guests once people find out about this place!) A giant 45" HDTV with DVD player stands ready to entertain -- after all, vintage is a great style, but there's nothing to beat modern appliances!
Sliding glass doors from the living room lead out to the back patio, where ultra-comfortable lounge and Adirondack chairs await you, and a funky little pavilion with a picnic table offers oceanside dining in the shade. (It has also been known to act as a pirate ship on rocky seas to imaginative children!) The décor here is desert modern -- no prickly undergrowth to worry about, which is great for the kids.
The living area of Sunshine House also includes a "formal" dining table and a neat diner-style banquette with an ocean view. You'll love the square white table set about with lime-green molded chairs, and the diner-style banquette is equally appealing with its booth seating. (Kids' table, anyone?) And if you wind up eating outdoors to the murmur of the sea, repurpose these tables into game or computer spaces (you have free wireless Internet here). They're just waiting for a heated Cranium match or an all-night poker game!
Beyond the dining area is our kitchen, thoroughly modern and spotlessly appointed. The wide, glossy tiles feel so good on your feet after a day at the beach! Our knobless blond cabinetry filled with cookware and utensils, the sleek breakfast bar, and the gleaming white appliances may just convince you to cook a homemade meal . . . or not. They work great for drinks and snacks too, and Palm Coast has fabulous restaurants!
After all the fun of a day at Flagler Beach, it's great to retire to the comfortable bedrooms at Sunshine House. The master bedroom is cool and breezy, with a king-sized bed, new HDTV with DVD player, and doors leading outside.
The 2nd bedroom offers a queen-sized bed and wall-mounted HDTV. Both it and the third bedroom are located on the mezzanine level. And the third bedroom is the perfect children's space, with a queen bed and a bunk with a twin on top, double on bottom. This room also has a wall-mounted HDTV, which is very handy when the pillows start flying!
Two full & 1 half bathrooms keep everyone happy at Sunshine House. The master bath is palatial, with a separate bathtub and shower, split-level design, and high window for natural light. (The washer & dryer are also stashed here.) The 2nd bathroom offers bold retro aqua & white tile plus a big shower. And the half-bath off the living room is convenient for all.
Sunshine House is a unique beach bungalow, the perfect blend of retro and modern, with the emphasis on comfort. The views are astonishing & the livin' is easy!
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Twin, 2 Sleeper Sofa, 1 Full
Room Description: *** Plus one time end of stay cleaning fee is $250, pet fee $100(each), security damage fee is $95, amenity fee is 4.95% & tax is 11%.
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 King), Bedroom #2 (Queen), Bedroom #3 (Queen, double, twin), Other (2 sofa sleepers)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 83 miles to Orlando, FL, 30 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 75 miles Jackville Airport (JAX), 90 miles - Orlando Airport (MCO), Football Stadium, Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, Museums, St Augustine Historic Town, Flagler Beach
* Entertainment: Cable Television, DVD Player, Television, Wireless Internet, Blue Ray Player
* FAQ: Attached Garage, Beach (no cars), BBQ Grill (on site), Dogs on Beach (with leash), Ground Floor (yes), Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Phone in Unit, Parking (covered), Stairs inside Unit (No)
* Family: Beach, Library, Miniature Golf, Movie Theatre
* Geographic: Exceptional Sunrises, Exceptional Views, On Beach, Secluded
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Central Air, Ironing Board, Linens, Washer & Dryer, HD TV in Living Room
* Outdoor: BBQ Grill, Beach Chairs, Beach Walking, Biking, Boating, Deck, Fishing, Hiking Trails, Ocean Kayaking, Patio, Sight-Seeing, Surfing, Swimming, Walkway to Water, Wildlife Viewing, Wind Surfing
* PMS: Lock Instructions:, Lock Instructions: Good News, Daniel Johnson 904-385-3888
* Ratings: Gold
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more, Sleeps 7 or more, Sleeps 8 or more, Sleeps 9 or more, Sleeps 10 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room, HD TV in Family Room, HD TV in Master Bedroom, TV in Bedroom #2, TV in Bedroom #3