Located on a quiet, private road, this idyllic 3 bedroom, 2 bath house features fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Richmond Island. The property is ideally located to provide easy access to some of greater-Portland's most picturesque natural settings, as well as its aptly lauded dining, music, art, and other cultural offerings.
Crescent Beach State Park, a year round destination for outdoor enthusiasts, is just a 2-3 minute stroll away, via a private path. The path opens a good distance from the main entrance, so you'll be sure to find the privacy you desire. At Crescent Beach, you'll find Kettle Cove State Park to your left (no admission fee), a pocket red sand beach to your right, and walking/jogging trails along the shore and through the woods in both directions. Popular activities include swimming, kayaking, fishing, and wildlife viewing. In the winter months, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing are also popular.
If you like, drive or bike along Scarborough Marsh toward Higgins Beach (5.0 mi. away), Scarborough Beach (6.1 mi.), or Ferry Beach (7.0 mi.). Explore the rocky coast of Two Lights State Park (1.7 mi.), or picnic next to Portland Headlight at Fort Williams (6 mi.).
Visit nearby farms to select locally harvested seafood and locally grown produce, then barbecue on the deck while watching sail boats and other watercraft pass by. Or, leave the dinner prep to others: 4 star dining and other fine establishments are right around the corner (0.2-0.5 mi.).
And of course, Portland's Old Port awaits just twelve minutes away. Named by Frommer's Travel Guides as one of twelve 'surprising, thriving and emerging world travel destinations,' Portland offers great food, pubs, shops, music, art, scenic cruises, and more!
The house in brief:
• 3 bedrooms and a den (a king, queen, and 2 twin beds sleep 6; a fold-out futon in the den sleeps 2)
• Open concept living/dining room (dining table can comfortably seat 10 with optional extension leaf)
• Full kitchen with electric range, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, lobster pot, etc.
• Large deck with gas grill and table that seats 8 (additional seating also available)
• Large, fully fenced-in yard
• Washer/dryer on premises and free to use
• High-speed WiFi Internet access
• 2 TVs with DirecTV (120+ channels) and DVD players
• Stereo in the living/dining room (with adapter for your MP3 player or smart phone)
• Linens & towels included (NO additional fee)
• Welcome basket with area maps, directions to popular attractions, brochures for popular activities, restaurant menus, and more
The area in brief:
• Crescent Beach State Park (via private path): 0.2 mi.
• Nature trails around undeveloped Great Pond: 0.2 mi.
• 4 Star Dining: 0.2 mi.
• Nearest farm offering locally harvested seafood and locally grown produce: 1.4 mi.
• Two Lights State Park (and The Lobster Shack): 1.7 mi.
• Portland Headlight (at Fort Williams Park): 4.8 mi.
• Higgins Beach: 5.0 mi.
• Scarborough Beach State Park: 6.1 mi.
• Ferry Beach (Scarborough): 7.0 mi.
• Portland's Old Port: 7.0 mi.
• Scenic cruises (including sailing, whale watching, and island hopping): 7.0 mi.
• Popular historic sites (including the Wadsworth-Longfellow House, Victoria Mansion, and Portland Observatory): 7.0-8.0 mi.