Taj-Kumal 6 bedrooms / max occupancy 12 pax ( except from June 25 -July 16, and Aug 13- Sep 16, 2014, it will be 5 bedrooms/ max occupancy 10 ) *****The entry into this walled estate is lined with huge palms. There is a two car covered garage with the manager / owner's quarters detached from the villa. Next to these quarters is the detached 4th bedroom with private bath. This is a perfect place to keep the teenagers!!
When you arrive you'll walk up a sweeping curved stairway and enter through huge carved doors with stained glass windows on either side. You will immediately notice the incredible 30-foot cathedral ceiling, carved stone walls, Greek floors with Bali rugs, indirect lighting, domed brick ceiling in the dining room and unbelievable sweeping view of Akumal Bay.
The kitchen is immense, has a domed brick ceiling, is fully equipped and has a breakfast table and it even has a wet bar that passes through to the living room! There's a great powder room and the living room couches are decked out in tiger print fabric with lots of cushions.
Every room in Taj-kumal has a beautiful view of the ocean. There are two large air-conditioned guest bedrooms downstairs with high ceilings, walk in closets, king-size beds and huge bathrooms. One of these bedrooms has a completely separate entrance, for extra privacy! You reach the immense and very dramatic master bedroom upstairs by ascending a spiral wooden staircase. The first thing you'll see is the canopied teak king-size bed in front of a carved stone wall. It has a wraparound covered balcony where you will want to spend many hours reading and enjoying the constant breeze off of Akumal Bay. The bathroom is actually three rooms: one for the toilet and bidet, one for the two basin main room and another for the double head shower stall. The decor is unique and beautiful with gorgeous tile work.
Taj-kumal is on an incredible beach and has a gorgeous "lagoon style" swimming pool with Pagoda pool house on the beach side of the villa. There's a pass-through from the kitchen for outdoor entertaining and the entire roof of the villa is an observatory for looking at the stars or watching the spectacular sunrises over Akumal Bay. The villa was designed to enjoy the constant ocean breeze so it has no air conditioning in the living area and the ceilings are so high and there are so many windows that it stays very, very cool.
This villa is special, special decor, special location, location, location! For sheer luxury and elegence, take a trip to Taj Kumal today!
Bedding Configuration: 4 King, 1 Queen
Room Description: 3 king size beds in main villa
1 King/1 Queen in 2BD guesthouse
* Business: Nearby ATM, Nearby Internet Cafe, Nearby Money Exchange, Nearby Post Office
* Convenience: Day spa, Fishing, Golf course nearby, Medical services, Restaurants, Scuba diving, Shopping, Snorkeling, Tennis nearby, Yoga/fitness
* Culture: Archaeological sites
* Entertainment: CD player, DVD player, Satellite TV, Stereo system, VCR, Wireless Internet
* Geographic: Beachfront
* Indoor: A/C in bedrooms, Maid service Mon-Sat, Safe(s)
* Kitchen: Cost of groceries not included, Blender, Coffee maker, Complimentary arrival dinner, Complimentary chef service, Cookware, Full kitchen, Microwave, Purified drinking water, Toaster, Utensils, Comp.Dinner not on disc. Rates., Available Chef Service
* Outdoor: Gas BBQ grill, Hammock(s), Kayak(s), Lounge chairs, Rooftop observation deck, Swimming pool, Bicycles, Optional Golf Cart for $35 p/d, 4 Masks with Snorkel, All size fins for rent $5 p/d, 2 Golf Carts available for rent