Mountain High Ski Getaways

ski getaways

Mountain High is Southern California's most popular winter resort. Just 75 minutes from Los Angeles and Orange Counties, the area welcomes its guests with three distinctly different mountains and a wide variety of lifts and trails. The West Resort is filled with a seemingly endless assortment of technical trails and skillfully-designed terrain features. It is the more youthful of the three areas and the site of many on-hill contests, promotions and live performances. It is also Southern California's only local resort open seven nights a week. The East Resort is somewhat of an undiscovered treasure with cruising trails more than a mile and a half long, thrilling moguls and breathtaking views of the Mojave Desert. Rising as high as 8,200 feet, the East Resort offers traditional skiers and snowboarders a true alpine experience without having to journey far from home. Mountain High also offers a third resort with 70 acres of tubing and beginner terrain catering to families, snowplayers and introductory skiers. Formerly Ski Sunrise, Mountain High North is located across from the West Resort and will operate December through February on peak weekends and holidays.

Mountain High's West Resort is predominately park oriented with terrain features covering more than 80% of the mountain. Not a park rider? The remaining 20% is a mixture of technical trails and wide open beginner terrain. Note that the West Resort is home to the area's Winter Sports School and Children's Academy. The East Resort offers incredible cruising terrain with intermediate and advanced runs stretching more than 1.5 miles. Don't forget the beginner terrain up top. Just a short lift ride away, introductory skiers and snowboarders will find 20 acres of uncrowded slopes and scenic views. Mountain High's North resort offers the perfect family atmosphere with a solid mixture of beginner & intermediate trails, and a state-of-the-art tubing facility called the North Pole Tubing Park.

Other popular getaway locations in California


  • Beach
  • Ski
  • Lake
  • Golf
  • Park